Author Topic: Academics Blame Lower Trust In Scientists On Everything But Bad Scientists  (Read 237 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Academics Blame Lower Trust In Scientists On Everything But Bad Scientists

WILLIAM M BRIGGS
FEB 15, 2024

The second sentence of the abstract of a new paper about trust in scientists, which is generally high but in some places low, provides the very reason for distrust: “Public trust in science can help decision-makers act based on the best available evidence, especially during crises such as climate change or the COVID-19 pandemic.”

“Climate change” is not a crisis, and it is absurd for scientists to claim it is. The covid panic was. But only because scientists in the name of Science first created the damned bug, and then repeatedly botched its “solutions”. What rulers and Experts did to the body politic in the name of Science would make a San Francisco bathhouse habitué blush.

Incidentally, trust in scientists, they say, and not in Science. An interesting and important distinction.

https://wmbriggs.substack.com/p/academics-blame-lower-trust-in-scientists
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson