Author Topic: Republicans face Trump turning ‘effectively bankrupt’ RNC into legal fund for indicted front-runner  (Read 849 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Republicans face Trump turning ‘effectively bankrupt’ RNC into legal fund for indicted front-runner
By
Mabinty Quarshie
February 15, 2024 6:27 pm

Former President Donald Trump‘s proposed changes to install three allies into leadership roles at the Republican National Committee has led to some consternation that the organization will become a front to pay off Trump’s extensive legal fees.

The former president endorsed North Carolina Republican Party Chairman Michael Whatley to replace Ronna McDaniel as chair of the RNC.

He also tapped two members of his inner circle into high-level RNC roles: daughter-in-law Lara Trump, his as RNC co-chairwoman and co-campaign manager Chris LaCivita for committee chief operating officer.

While some committee members are unconcerned by the criticism that Trump could entice the RNC to cover his legal fees, other Republicans stressed that the changes do little to tamp down fears that the RNC is a Trump Organization by another name that could distract from the GOP taking back control of the White House and Congress from Democrats in November.

Richard Porter, a national committeeman from Illinois, pushed back against Trump’s detractors who fear paying his fees, claiming it is common for a presidential nominee to enmesh the campaign with the party’s national organization.

“I don’t see it that way,” Porter said in an interview with the Washington Examiner. “Cleaving the party apparatus to its nominee’s campaign is a common occurrence — once it becomes clear who our nominee will be. This is true in both the Republican and Democrat parties, historically speaking. It’s not like the DNC is somehow independent of Biden’s campaign.”

Porter also defended Lara Trump against nepotism criticisms.

more
https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/campaigns/2858352/trump-effectively-bankrupt-rnc-legal-fund/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline libertybele

Changing of the guard at this point in time, just isn't going to do a whole lot of good.  The frontrunner bankrupting the RNC; who would've thought?  Someone with deep pockets like Elon may come to the rescue, but ... Soros' pockets are even deeper.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
I saw an interview with his daughter-in-law Lara, and here's what she said about this:

“That is the goal over the next nine-and-a-half months. If I am elected to this position, I can assure you, there will not be any more $70,000 — or whatever exorbitant amount of money it was — spent on flowers,” she continued. “Every single penny will go to the No. 1 and the only job of the RNC — that is electing Donald J. Trump as president of the United States and saving this country.

Which is another way of saying that not a penny will be going to help Republicans gain/maintain control of Congress. It will just go to Trump.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2024, 12:07:24 am by Maj. Bill Martin »

Offline libertybele

I saw an interview with his daughter-in-law Lara, and here's what she said about this:

Which is another way of saying that not a penny will be going to help Republicans gain/maintain control of Congress. It will just go to Trump.

Trump's campaign has now become a sh**t show. His supporters have been duped. IF anyone thinks that he's going to jump in and save the day they are delusional.

I still stand by my thought that the leftists are never going to let him near the WH again.

Those that expect that the left isn't going to steal another election when nothing has been done to change election integrity are also delusional. 
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline LMAO

Replacing mcDaniel with Lara Trump is nothing more than rearranging the deck chairs on the Titanic at this point

I don’t know either women personally and I’m sure they’re very nice women, but I think it’s too late at this point
« Last Edit: February 16, 2024, 12:16:24 am by LMAO »
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

Should've elected Harmeet Dhillon.  That's a true conservative, smart, tough as nails.

Online Hoodat

Trump's campaign has now become a sh**t show. His supporters have been duped. IF anyone thinks that he's going to jump in and save the day they are delusional.

They haven't been duped.  They are simply deluded.  It has been clear to anyone paying attention that Trump is perfectly OK with the Swamp running the RNC as long as they suck up to him.  Want to know why the RNC is so broke?  Trump.  Why the grass roots can't make any inroads to taking control?  Trump.  Why the RNC openly opposes Conservative candidates in favor of Establishment moderates?  Trump.  Why the Dems will be able to outspend Republicans in every single race in the country by November?  Trump.

And his supporters know it, too.  But they don't care.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Online Hoodat

Should've elected Harmeet Dhillon.  That's a true conservative, smart, tough as nails.

Never gonna happen.  Ever.  Not after the 2016.  Not after all power was handed over to the RNC by a convention hall full of Establishment delegates sworn to vote for Trump on the first ballot only.  There is no way you will ever see a grass roots Conservative anywhere near a leadership role in the RNC ever again.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

Never gonna happen.  Ever.  Not after the 2016.  Not after all power was handed over to the RNC by a convention hall full of Establishment delegates sworn to vote for Trump on the first ballot only.  There is no way you will ever see a grass roots Conservative anywhere near a leadership role in the RNC ever again.

You're probably right.  She's not the type.to be anyone's lackey, either, so she wouldn't sell the party for Trump.  And that wouldn't be acceptable to him.

Online Hoodat

You're probably right.  She's not the type.to be anyone's lackey, either, so she wouldn't sell the party for Trump.  And that wouldn't be acceptable to him.

Ted Cruz called this out at the 2016 Colorado State Convention.  And now you see why he was booed at the RNC Convention a few months later.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
We're coming around the third turn into an election year, and the GOP is "effectively bankrupt"?

Sounds like they have been working on fundraising like everything else. Too little, too late.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

Not sure why folks are complaining about RNC fundraising when I've heard tons of conservatives arguing against giving a dime to the RNC.

Isn't this what folks wanted?

Online cato potatoe

If MAGA cared a fraction as much about their country as they did about perpetuating conspiracy theories, democrats would be overwhelmed.  Let's say the core of 20 million Trumpers donated $50 to Trump and $50 to the party.  There's two billion dollars.  What if this were used to maximize early voting and sold by every candidate at every rally?   No more Chuck Schumer, no more Joe Biden.

Instead, we have a perpetual circus with donald in the center ring.  It's hard to fathom what a lunatic and fraudster this man is.  If any of you were on the cusp of winning the presidency, and you were worth billions of dollars, would you not fund a robust legal defense against politically motivated prosecutions?  Or would you keep piles of classified documents in your home even after the government demanded their return, and direct your attorneys to lie about them? 

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

If MAGA cared a fraction as much about their country as they did about perpetuating conspiracy theories, democrats would be overwhelmed.  Let's say the core of 20 million Trumpers donated $50 to Trump and $50 to the party.  There's two billion dollars.  What if this were used to maximize early voting and sold by every candidate at every rally?   No more Chuck Schumer, no more Joe Biden.
:yowsa: