Author Topic: Speaker Mike Johnson: No Foreign Aid Until You Address The Border  (Read 410 times)

Online Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
Lawrence Person's BattleSwarm Blog 2/14/2024

Looks like Republican Speaker Mike Johnson will not allow consideration of the foreign aid bill until border security is addressed.

On Wednesday, Republican House Speaker Mike Johnson shut down the $95 billion foreign aid package recently passed by the Senate.

Johnson remained steadfast in his, and most of his party’s, belief that no bill that doesn’t include funding to solve the crisis at the southern border should be considered by the House.

“The Republican-led House will not be jammed or forced into passing a foreign aid bill that was opposed by most Republican senators and does nothing to secure our own border,” he said. “It’s time for Washington to start showing some love for Americans.”

“On Valentine’s Day, it’s a good day to point this out,” he continued. “We need to listen to the American people and their needs and take action, and that’s why House leadership will continue to govern with Americans’ interests at heart.”

More: https://www.battleswarmblog.com/?p=57209

Offline HikerGuy83

• Still Trying
Re: Speaker Mike Johnson: No Foreign Aid Until You Address The Border
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2024, 06:07:11 am »
This guy is the like the person you put in charge because that person get's sacrificed at some point and nobody wants to stand in that place.

In the meantime, Johnson is looking pathetic

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2024, 08:04:38 am »
The Democrats desperately need to get all that $$$ out of circulation, in order to stave off the ongoing inflation created by the money printing orgy of the past few years.

The printed all that money and jammed it into circulation at the dollar's 2020 value and stole 18%+ of our wealth. The "inflation is down" talking point is being used to forget about the rise in inflation during 2021 and 2022, set that at the new zero point, and normalize the new 3% inflation as a recovery.

I think that Johnson holding up the cash dump is a good idea.

« Last Edit: February 16, 2024, 08:06:34 am by Luis Gonzalez »
"Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, i have others." - Groucho Marx

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online cato potatoe

« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2024, 06:26:23 pm »

https://twitter.com/RNCResearch/status/1758547346462298473

I’ve always loathed this phrase.  The libs browbeat conservatives into succumbing to peer pressure, and not from their peers, but future generations of brainwashed public school graduates.  So the dumbasses won’t like us … why should we care, and what are they going to do about it?

Also, somebody needs to tell the president what “literally” means.

Online libertybele

« Reply #5 on: February 16, 2024, 07:02:15 pm »
FJB!!

The borders need to be secured.  Hopefully Johnson and the GOP will hold their line.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
« Reply #6 on: February 16, 2024, 08:56:17 pm »
I’ve always loathed this phrase.  The libs browbeat conservatives into succumbing to peer pressure, and not from their peers, but future generations of brainwashed public school graduates.  So the dumbasses won’t like us … why should we care, and what are they going to do about it?

Also, somebody needs to tell the president what “literally” means.
I don't know, maybe 'History' is the guy that Joe is always trying to shake hands with that no one else is able to see :pondering: Maybe 'History is Biden's 'Harvey', except Joe ain't no well meaning lovable Ellwood P. Dowd  **nononono*