Author Topic: Tucker Carlson grocery shopping in Russia. This is so interesting.  (Read 627 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
Re: Tucker Carlson grocery shopping in Russia. This is so interesting.
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2024, 03:17:49 am »
Well, it's nice to see Tucker drop any pretense of whose side he's really on.

Online Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2024, 05:21:43 pm »
That is amazing that food etc is so cheap in Russia.  I'm not so sure this means Tucker is supporting Russia...lolol.

Presumably, we can agree that Tucker is a very smart, educated guy.  So with that in mind....

1). As a really smart guy, Tucker knows that food tends to be cheaper anytime you go to a poorer country because the locals obviously have to be able to afford it, and the dollar tends to be strong against that local currency.  That is true whether it is Russia, Mexico, Jordan, or wherever.

2).  Of course, the exchange rate doesn't help you if you are a local.  Also, if you're a local, your wages will be local wages, not American wages.  Tucker knows this too.

3). Therefore, what really matters for locals is what percentage of your wages goes for food.  That obviously is a function of both price AND the wages earned by the average (in this case) Russian.  And Tucker knows that too.  Yet, he provided none of that context to his "astonishment" at the lower Russian prices for food . So why did he omit that context?

4). You could argue that he was just making an incidental comment about prices, and wasn't trying to draw any broader conclusions so no context was required.  Except he very clearly was trying to make a broader point because he said:

And that’s when you start to realize that ideology doesn’t matter as much as you thought."

And:

“Coming to a Russian grocery store, the ‘heart of evil,’ and seeing what things cost and how they live, it will radicalize you against our leaders,” Carlson said in the video shot on-site as he shopped for eggs, bread, wine and other staples. “That’s how I feel, anyway, radicalized. We’re not making any of this up, by the way. At all.”

He is purposefully making a very broad political argument about the merits of the Russian system over ours based.on food prices, while deliberately omitting the wage/exchange rate context that he is smart enough to know undermines the exact point he's making to the public.

I think that's absolutely despicable, and definitely "Pro-Russia /Pro-Putin".  It might be excusable if he was an ignorant idiot, but he isn't.   Quite the contrary.  So you know that what he is saying/doing is both thought out, and very deliberate.

« Last Edit: February 16, 2024, 05:24:35 pm by Maj. Bill Martin »

Online DefiantMassRINO

« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2024, 05:40:05 pm »
How did the Chernobyl Apples taste?

If Tucker loves Russia so much, he can stay there.
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.

Offline Timber Rattler

• Conservative Purist and Patriot
« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2024, 05:48:27 pm »
The problem I see with Carlson's comparison here is that he's in a grocery store in Moscow, likely a few blocks from the Kremlin, and thus serves the ruling elite around Putin.  Consequently, it would necessarily be well-stocked and pretty nice, but I seriously doubt that it reflects the average grocery stores found throughout the rest of Russia.
aka "nasty degenerate SOB," "worst of the worst at Free Republic," "Garbage Troll," "Neocon Warmonger," "Filthy Piece of Trash," "damn $#%$#@!," "Silly f'er," "POS," "war pig," "neocon scumbag," "insignificant little ankle nipper," "@ss-clown," "neocuck," "termite," "Uniparty Deep stater," "Never Trump sack of dog feces," "avid Bidenista," "filthy Ukrainian," "war whore," "fricking chump," psychopathic POS, and depraved SOB.

"In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act."  ---George Orwell

"If you want peace, prepare for war." ---Flavius Vegetius Renatus

Offline LadyLiberty

« Reply #5 on: February 16, 2024, 05:53:48 pm »
When Boris Yeltsin went grocery shopping in Clear Lake

At JSC, Yeltsin visited mission control and a mock-up of a space station. According to Houston Chronicle reporter Stefanie Asin, it wasn't all the screens, dials, and wonder at NASA that blew up his skirt, it was the unscheduled trip inside a nearby Randall's location.

Yeltsin, then 58, "roamed the aisles of Randall's nodding his head in amazement," wrote Asin. He told his fellow Russians in his entourage that if their people, who often must wait in line for most goods, saw the conditions of U.S. supermarkets, "there would be a revolution."

More:  https://www.chron.com/neighborhood/bayarea/news/article/When-Boris-Yeltsin-went-grocery-shopping-in-Clear-5759129.php

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #6 on: February 16, 2024, 06:08:15 pm »
When Boris Yeltsin went grocery shopping in Clear Lake

At JSC, Yeltsin visited mission control and a mock-up of a space station. According to Houston Chronicle reporter Stefanie Asin, it wasn't all the screens, dials, and wonder at NASA that blew up his skirt, it was the unscheduled trip inside a nearby Randall's location.

Yeltsin, then 58, "roamed the aisles of Randall's nodding his head in amazement," wrote Asin. He told his fellow Russians in his entourage that if their people, who often must wait in line for most goods, saw the conditions of U.S. supermarkets, "there would be a revolution."

More:  https://www.chron.com/neighborhood/bayarea/news/article/When-Boris-Yeltsin-went-grocery-shopping-in-Clear-5759129.php

Haven't been to Houston in about 3 years, and I don't know if exists anymore, but the Fiesta at NASA Road 1 was an amazing groocery store,  Should have shown him that one.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #7 on: February 16, 2024, 10:47:52 pm »
I've read that many, if not most, Russians have to spend 60% of their income on food, and so can barely afford the stuff Tucker saw on the shelves. As Timber said, he probably saw the most well-stocked grocery store. Take a side trip to some small Russian city or town and tell us how great it is.

Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org