Author Topic: House delivers blow to Biden's climate agenda, votes against natural gas moratorium  (Read 247 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
House delivers blow to Biden's climate agenda, votes against natural gas moratorium
'Joe Biden would rather appease the radical environmentalists in his party than protect hardworking By Thomas Catenacci Fox News
Published Americans,' GOP Whip Emmer tells Fox News Digital
 February 15, 2024 2:28pm EST

The House voted Thursday afternoon in favor of stripping the Biden administration's authority to permit natural gas export projects in a blow to the president's climate agenda.

In a 224-200 vote, the House approved the so-called Unlocking Domestic LNG Potential Act, with 215 Republicans and nine Democrats voting in favor.

Rep. August Pfluger, R-Texas, who chairs the House Energy Action Team, introduced the legislation on Feb. 1, arguing that it would ultimately overturn President Biden's recent actions pausing permits for new liquefied natural gas (LNG) export projects.

"Just last year, President Biden told the Europeans that they needed to get off Russian gas and that the U.S. would supply their liquid natural gas needs. Now that it is an election year, he is reneging on that deal to appease his radical climate base," Pfluger told Fox News Digital ahead of the vote.

"Two-thirds of the world’s natural gas is produced in four countries: Russia, Iran, the United States, and Qatar. This effective ban on U.S. LNG exports is a gift to Putin and the Iranian regime that just killed three service members with their weapons to the Houthis," the Texas lawmaker continued. "I am proud to stand up for American jobs when the president seems to only stand up for the interests of Russia and Iran."

more
https://www.foxnews.com/politics/house-delivers-blow-to-bidens-climate-agenda-votes-against-natural-gas-moratorium
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online libertybele

Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.