Author Topic: Democrats pivot on immigration as Republicans take a stand against Biden  (Read 236 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor

Democrats pivot on immigration as Republicans take a stand against Biden
Story by Analysis by Zachary B. Wolf, CNN  •
21h

A version of this story appeared in CNN’s What Matters newsletter. To get it in your inbox, sign up for free here.

The immigration and border crisis is quickly morphing into the dominant issue of American politics – and Democrats are pivoting faster than Republicans at the moment.

GOP lawmakers have long claimed immigration as their top issue, raising the alarm about the drastic rise of migrants and asylum-seekers at the southern border. Blaming President Joe Biden for the border crisis is the backbone of Donald Trump’s presidential campaign.

But after a defeat in a special election to fill a New York House seat, Republicans might be wondering if they are being outmaneuvered by Democrats who are adjusting to acknowledge the crisis and suddenly preaching bipartisanship.
A drastic, new migrant policy under consideration by the Biden administration will only heap pressure on Republicans to relent and seek middle ground with the White House even as they complain about Biden’s current policy.

Here’s what’s happened with immigration so far this week:

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/democrats-pivot-on-immigration-as-republicans-take-a-stand-against-biden/ar-BB1ihQ3d?ocid=msedgdhp&pc=HCTS&cvid=4b09ee791f5a4608b700a93c84dbcb98&ei=75
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Re: Democrats pivot on immigration as Republicans take a stand against Biden
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2024, 07:27:28 pm »
It shouldn't take long for democrats, rinos, and the MSM to start blaming the immigration crises on republicans. **nononono*
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson