Author Topic: Turner accused of ‘reckless disregard’ as GOP colleague asks for formal inquiry  (Read 290 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
 Turner accused of ‘reckless disregard’ as GOP colleague asks for formal inquiry
by Rebecca Beitsch - 02/15/24 11:45 AM ET

A House Republican is calling for an inquiry into House Intelligence Committee Chair Mike Turner (R-Ohio), saying his vague call to declassify a national security threat was done with “reckless disregard.”

Turner on Wednesday called on President Biden to declassify intelligence on a “serious national security threat,” writing it was needed “so that Congress, the Administration, and our allies can openly discuss the actions necessary to respond to this threat.”

But Rep. Andy Ogles (R-Tenn.) on Thursday accused Turner of having ulterior motives, citing the battle over both funding for Ukraine and a bill to reauthorize the nation’s warrantless spy powers — each of which has raised some Republican opposition.

“This revelation by the chairman was done with a reckless disregard of the implications and consequences said information would have on geopolitics, domestic and foreign markets, and the well-being and psyche of the American people,” Ogles wrote in a letter first reported by Punchbowl.

“In hindsight, it has become clear that the intent was not to ensure the safety of our homeland and the American people, but rather to ensure additional funding for Ukraine and passage of an unreformed Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Act (FISA.) This act constituted poor judgment at a minimum and a complete breach of trust influenced by the pursuit of a political agenda at the maximum.”

more
https://thehill.com/homenews/house/4470100-turner-accused-of-reckless-disregard-as-gop-colleague-asks-for-formal-inquiry/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline PeteS in CA

Why does this have the feel of Andy Ogles fearing the revelation of what that, "serious national security threat" is?
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Why does this have the feel of Andy Ogles fearing the revelation of what that, "serious national security threat" is?

Gee! I don't know! /s  :whistle:
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"

Bingo.

"The truth can't get out or it will hurt my policy preferences and make people upset.

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Bingo.

"The truth can't get out or it will hurt my policy preferences and make people upset.

It would be very interesting to see where Mr. Ogles get his campaign $$$ from.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien