Author Topic: With Friends Like the GOP Establishment, Ukraine Doesn’t Need Enemies ..Kurt Schlichter  (Read 232 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
With Friends Like the GOP Establishment, Ukraine Doesn’t Need Enemies
Kurt Schlichter

It's always nice to have the useless likes of dopey Thom Tillis, smarmy Mitt Romney, and lib-symp John Cornyn lecturing us about how we need to spend endless unaccountable money on Ukraine with no articulated strategic objective, as opposed to defending our own border, and how if we don't agree we must love Vladimir Putin and blah blah blah blah blah. These guys are totally hard-core opponents of the Russians, which is really butch. I and a lot of the people they are insulting actually served in the Cold War, but somehow we are expected to defer to these guys on Russia? They're taking a hard line against Vladimir Putin even as they take no line on the border, and they are surprised and offended that their party is rejecting them.

How clueless do you have to be to be surprised by that? They're clearly frustrated so they're not working to persuade. They're working to pummel us into submission. And it isn't going to work. After all, they hit like girls. At least some of them should know better. Before entering Republican politics, Mitt Romney was busy outsourcing American jobs and I have no idea or particular interest in what Thom Tillis was doing before he got elected. He was probably treading water in the sea of mediocrity, just like he's been doing as a senator. John Cornyn was a lawyer and a judge, so he should understand something about the art of persuasion. As a trial lawyer who just convinced 12 jurors to go my way a couple of weeks ago, let me offer some advice about how to get people to agree with you because apparently John has forgotten…

Stop insulting people and address the issues they are concerned about.

more
https://townhall.com/columnists/kurtschlichter/2024/02/15/with-friends-like-the-gop-establishment-ukraine-doesnt-need-enemies-n2635211
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline DefiantMassRINO

Secure the damn Border ... for real ... not just election year lip service.

Mayorkas is abusing a broken asylum system to import illegal immigrants to Blue States in an attempt to gain apportioned House seats after the 2030 census, if not before.
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
With Friends Like the GOP Establishment, Ukraine Doesn’t Need Enemies
Kurt Schlichter

It's always nice to have the useless likes of dopey Thom Tillis, smarmy Mitt Romney, and lib-symp John Cornyn lecturing us about how we need to spend endless unaccountable money on Ukraine with no articulated strategic objective, as opposed to defending our own border, and how if we don't agree we must love Vladimir Putin and blah blah blah blah blah. These guys are totally hard-core opponents of the Russians, which is really butch. I and a lot of the people they are insulting actually served in the Cold War, but somehow we are expected to defer to these guys on Russia? They're taking a hard line against Vladimir Putin even as they take no line on the border, and they are surprised and offended that their party is rejecting them.

How clueless do you have to be to be surprised by that? They're clearly frustrated so they're not working to persuade. They're working to pummel us into submission. And it isn't going to work. After all, they hit like girls. At least some of them should know better. Before entering Republican politics, Mitt Romney was busy outsourcing American jobs and I have no idea or particular interest in what Thom Tillis was doing before he got elected. He was probably treading water in the sea of mediocrity, just like he's been doing as a senator. John Cornyn was a lawyer and a judge, so he should understand something about the art of persuasion. As a trial lawyer who just convinced 12 jurors to go my way a couple of weeks ago, let me offer some advice about how to get people to agree with you because apparently John has forgotten…

Stop insulting people and address the issues they are concerned about.

more
https://townhall.com/columnists/kurtschlichter/2024/02/15/with-friends-like-the-gop-establishment-ukraine-doesnt-need-enemies-n2635211

I'm guessing "practice what you preach" isn't high on Schlichter's list of "things to do."
« Last Edit: February 15, 2024, 06:25:00 pm by Maj. Bill Martin »