Author Topic: Army Refines War Tactics & Weapons for New XM30 Infantry Carrier  (Read 200 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Army Refines War Tactics & Weapons for New XM30 Infantry Carrier
« on: February 15, 2024, 03:43:39 pm »
Army Refines War Tactics & Weapons for New XM30 Infantry Carrier
The Army's XM30 Combat Vehicle Program has been the focus of intense evaluations referred to by the service as “Soldier Touchpoints”
KRIS OSBORN, WARRIOR MAVEN - CENTER FOR MILITARY MODERNIZATION23 HOURS AGO
By Kris Osborn, President, Center for Military Modernization

Exiting from the back of an armored vehicle while under fire, securing dismounted command and control and responding in real time to fast-emerging new threat dynamics, are merely a few of the tactics now being explored and refined by Army soldiers preparing to deploy in a new, next-generation service infantry carrier.

The Army’s now-in-development XM30 Combat Vehicle Program has been the focus of intense evaluations referred to by the service as “Soldier Touchpoints,” experiments and analyses wherein infantry squads practice combat operation in the new platform to further inform and improve its ongoing development. Referred to broadly as a “Bradley” replacement, the XM30 is being engineered with a new generation of advanced technologies intended to expand the tactical envelope and introduce new concepts of operation for nine-man infantry squads closing with an enemy in combat.

Former Army Futures Command 3-Star Details New Ground War Technologies

The Army is currently testing and evaluating prototype XM30s from both American Rheinmetall and General Dynamics Land Systems in preparation for what will ultimately be a “down-select” and production contract for the vehicles. During and following the “touchpoint” exercises, soldiers provide feedback to the two vendor teams in preparation for what will be an Army decision to move to production with one of the designs in 2027.

https://warriormaven.com/land/army-refines-war-tactics-weapons-for-new-xm30-infantry-carrier
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Re: Army Refines War Tactics & Weapons for New XM30 Infantry Carrier
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2024, 03:44:33 pm »
They have a new vehicle to roll and kill troops in? :thud:
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline DefiantMassRINO

Re: Army Refines War Tactics & Weapons for New XM30 Infantry Carrier
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2024, 04:40:06 pm »
 ////00000////

It might be time to take the venerable Cold War EM-50 Urban Assualt Vehicle out of mothballs.

Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.