Author Topic: The Navy SEAL Mission Is Shifting from Raids to Supporting the Service, Leader Says  (Read 605 times)

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
The Navy SEAL Mission Is Shifting from Raids to Supporting the Service, Leader Says
Konstantin Toropin
Wed, February 14, 2024 at 5:21 PM EST·2 min read

SAN DIEGO -- The leader of the Navy SEALs -- the elite special operators who most famously led the raid that killed Osama bin Laden -- says the units are pivoting away from being a counterterrorism force to supporting other elements of the Navy.

"For 20-plus years, I think we've gotten used to being the supported effort," Rear Adm. Keith Davids, the head of Naval Special Warfare Command, told a crowd of attendees at the annual naval WEST 2024 conference.

"We still need character and competence; we still need problem solvers; we need people that don't quit," Davids said. "We need them to not just do point target raids, we need that now to work in support of the fleet joint force."

https://news.yahoo.com/navy-seal-mission-shifting-raids-222122993.html
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
This proves the lady CNO's gobbledygook about making the Navy a strong force, is for press release only. :im waiting:
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
In other words,"Big Navy is going to destroy the SEALS".
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
In other words,"Big Navy is going to destroy the SEALS".

And it will be a slow painful death.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline Timber Rattler

• Conservative Purist and Patriot
This is a bad thing...mission creep and change of focus, followed by rot and incompetence.
aka "nasty degenerate SOB," "worst of the worst at Free Republic," "Garbage Troll," "Neocon Warmonger," "Filthy Piece of Trash," "damn $#%$#@!," "Silly f'er," "POS," "war pig," "neocon scumbag," "insignificant little ankle nipper," "@ss-clown," "neocuck," "termite," "Uniparty Deep stater," "Never Trump sack of dog feces," "avid Bidenista," "filthy Ukrainian," "war whore," "fricking chump," psychopathic POS, and depraved SOB.

"In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act."  ---George Orwell

"If you want peace, prepare for war." ---Flavius Vegetius Renatus

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
This proves the lady CNO's gobbledygook about making the Navy a strong force, is for press release only. :im waiting:

@rangerrebew

The CNO is now a female?

Not that there is that much difference between the typical "anchor clanker" of today and the WAVES.

The USA Special Forces went through a similar thing back in the 70's. "Big Army" saw all those SF NCO's as excellent platoon sgts in Big Army,so they set out to destroy SF. THAT attempt backfired because IIRC, a couple of career SF officers and senior NCO's flat refused to change/weaken the training schedule so wimmin West Point Graduates could wear a beret and end up "leading"  SF Groups.

IIRC,the end result was they were thrown out of the army without their pensions in order to "send a message" to any other "trouble makers that wanted to stand in the  way  of progress".

These guys (2 LTC's and 2 E-8/E9's?) got free legal representation,sued  the US Army,and got re-instated in order to gain their rank back so they could retire with the retirement package they deserved.

Yeah,it WOULD  have been better if they had remained on active duty as a warning to people like General Miss Miley,but the slap in the face still sent a message.

I have been out of contact with the SF community since I had to quit working "Robin Sage" as a G Chief more than a decade ago due to Agent Orange coming back to visit with  me,so I have NO freaking idea what is going on at the SWC now,and everybody I did know is retired.

I can only hope that the SWC community is still "fighting the good fight",both at home and on deployments.

Offline Timber Rattler

• Conservative Purist and Patriot
aka "nasty degenerate SOB," "worst of the worst at Free Republic," "Garbage Troll," "Neocon Warmonger," "Filthy Piece of Trash," "damn $#%$#@!," "Silly f'er," "POS," "war pig," "neocon scumbag," "insignificant little ankle nipper," "@ss-clown," "neocuck," "termite," "Uniparty Deep stater," "Never Trump sack of dog feces," "avid Bidenista," "filthy Ukrainian," "war whore," "fricking chump," psychopathic POS, and depraved SOB.

"In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act."  ---George Orwell

"If you want peace, prepare for war." ---Flavius Vegetius Renatus

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits