Author Topic: Finally, sailors can put hands in their pockets under policy update  (Read 245 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Finally, sailors can put hands in their pockets under policy update
By Diana Stancy
 Feb 14, 02:33 PM

The Navy announced a sweeping range of uniform and personal appearance policy updates on Wednesday – including reinstating the female bucket cover and allowing sailors to place their hands in their pockets.

The changes are the largest series of Navy uniform and grooming reforms since December 2022, when the service announced the introduction of a new, lightweight safety boot and modifications to the maternity service dress blue coat.

The policy update rescinds restrictions barring sailors from placing their hands in their pockets, which the Navy previously claimed is “inappropriate and detracts from a professional military appearance.”

“Sailors are authorized to have hands in their pockets when doing so does not compromise safety nor prohibit the proper rendering of honors and courtesies,” the NAVADMIN said.

https://www.navytimes.com/news/your-navy/2024/02/14/finally-sailors-can-put-their-hands-in-their-pockets/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Re: Finally, sailors can put hands in their pockets under policy update
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2024, 03:15:20 pm »
This would seem to indicate she not only approves of wokeness but is heavily invested.  When whether or not hands in the pockets are more important than lack of submarines repairs, Osprey airworthiness, and piss poor recruiting, you have another "distinguished" leader. :thud:
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline AL

« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2024, 03:38:16 pm »
It's no wonder the military can't recruit any more.  I sure wouldn't join today.   :patriot:

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2024, 01:15:19 am »
The Navy does have a reputation for putting their hands into each  other's pockets.

Kinda refreshing to hear the Navy is finally approving all that "ship mates" stuff.

"In the Navy,we will sail the seven seas....," Fireside Theater.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2024, 01:16:07 am by sneakypete »
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!