Author Topic: Yellen on if She’s Satisfied with Inflation: ‘People Are Better Off’ Even If They’re ‘Experiencing D  (Read 292 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Yellen on if She’s Satisfied with Inflation: ‘People Are Better Off’ Even If They’re ‘Experiencing Discomfort’ Due to Inflation

Ian Hanchett 15 Feb 2024

During a portion of an interview with CBS Senior Business and Tech Correspondent Jo Ling Kent that was aired on Wednesday’s broadcast of “CBS Evening News,” Treasury Secretary Janet Yellen responded to a question on whether she and President Joe Biden are happy with the current state of inflation by stating that we know that “Americans are experiencing discomfort because some important prices are higher than they were pre-pandemic.” But “people are better off than they were pre-pandemic.”

After recapping the hotter-than-expected January CPI inflation report that showed an increase in monthly inflation for both the overall and core inflation rates from the monthly rate in December with the annual overall rate falling from 3.4% to 3.1% from December while the annual core inflation rate held steady from December at 3.9%, Kent played a clip where she asked Yellen, “Are you and President Biden happy with where inflation is right now?”

Yellen answered, “Well, look, we know that Americans are experiencing discomfort because some important prices are higher than they were pre-pandemic. But what I think is really important is that wages have gone up, along with prices. So, people are better off than they were pre-pandemic.”

https://www.breitbart.com/clips/2024/02/15/yellen-people-are-better-off-even-if-theyre-experiencing-discomfort-due-to-inflation/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online Timber Rattler

• Conservative Purist and Patriot
Yellen is a fine example of why liberal academics should not be put in charge of anything.
aka "nasty degenerate SOB," "worst of the worst at Free Republic," "Garbage Troll," "Neocon Warmonger," "Filthy Piece of Trash," "damn $#%$#@!," "Silly f'er," "POS," "war pig," "neocon scumbag," "insignificant little ankle nipper," "@ss-clown," "neocuck," "termite," "Uniparty Deep stater," "Never Trump sack of dog feces," "avid Bidenista," "filthy Ukrainian," "war whore," "fricking chump," psychopathic POS, and depraved SOB.

"In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act."  ---George Orwell

"If you want peace, prepare for war." ---Flavius Vegetius Renatus

Online Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
Looks like Kamala taught her how to make word salad.

Mmmmm...
The Republic is lost.

Online LMAO

Yellen is a fine example of why liberal academics should not be put in charge of anything.

“I'd rather entrust the government of the United States to the first 400 people listed in the Boston telephone directory than to the faculty of Harvard University.”

William F. Buckley, Jr.
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
Yellen is a fine example of why people with diminished capacity should not be in charge of anything