Author Topic: George Soros scoops up 220 U.S. radio stations ahead of 2024 election  (Read 843 times)

Offline mountaineer

George Soros scoops up 220 U.S. radio stations ahead of 2024 election
 By Victor Morton - The Washington Times - Wednesday, February 14, 2024

George Soros has purchased a potentially controlling stake in America’s second-largest chain of radio stations.

According to bankruptcy filings cited Wednesday in the New York Post, his Soros Fund Management has bought $400 million of debt in the Audacy chain.

The Post reported that the Fund’s stake comes to about 40% of Audacy’s debt, at a value of about 50 cents on the dollar.

“Although not a majority, [that] could yield effective control of the media giant when it emerges from bankruptcy,” the Post wrote.

A Republican insider “close to the situation” told the Post that Mr. Soros could be making the election-year purchase in a bid to influence public opinion.

“This is scary,” the source said. ...
Washington Times
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
Re: George Soros scoops up 220 U.S. radio stations ahead of 2024 election
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2024, 01:32:57 pm »
Post Limbaugh, does anyone listen to the radio anymore?

Soros pisses away money , like nothing,......  which is fine with me.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2024, 01:35:57 pm »
I listen to the radio - both AM and FM - only while driving and am pretty sure some of the stations are part of this Audacy chain. They include sports talk ("The Fan") and radio pioneer KDKA, as well as music stations. Not sure what Soros wants to do to those.
Ian Miles Cheong
@stillgray
George Soros intends to control the narrative. He is poised to take a massive stake in America’s second-largest radio company, Audacy, which owns more than 220 stations nationwide.

For context, talk radio is very much an open space with both moderate liberal and conservative voices. This is a terrible development.
8:35 AM · Feb 15, 2024
« Last Edit: February 15, 2024, 02:19:00 pm by mountaineer »

Offline DefiantMassRINO

« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2024, 02:24:57 pm »
Other than a couple of classic rock or 80's stations, radio is unlistenable.  I play MP3 CD's in my car.
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2024, 05:59:38 pm »
Post Limbaugh, does anyone listen to the radio anymore?

Soros pisses away money , like nothing,......  which is fine with me.
Yes! I do and if you aren't listening to Michael Berry on KTRH or the podcasts on IHeart radio you are doing yourself a grave disservice! He is the closest thing we have to Rush now.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
« Reply #5 on: February 15, 2024, 11:35:33 pm »
Other than a couple of classic rock or 80's stations, radio is unlistenable.  I play MP3 CD's in my car.
I use USB drives, even though my car is technically deficient(it's OLD) I used a RF transmitter that plugs into a cigarette lighter(remember those) and it plays through a open FM frequency. It works really well and I don't have to juggle CD's.

Online Texas Yellow Rose

• Native Texan
« Reply #6 on: February 16, 2024, 01:20:04 am »
Yes! I do and if you aren't listening to Michael Berry on KTRH or the podcasts on IHeart radio you are doing yourself a grave disservice! He is the closest thing we have to Rush now.
:beer:

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #7 on: February 16, 2024, 05:01:53 pm »
The Morning Briefing: Election Year Surprise — Radio Soros Is Going to Commie Up the Airwaves
Stephen Kruiser | 3:29 AM on February 16, 2024
... We've been conditioned to expect the worst when it comes to media and American politics, and — whaddya know — the worst is already starting to show up. ...

Any large incursion into media by the Soros Borg would be disturbing. What's so ominous about this story is that a lot of major market news radio stations are involved. Talk radio stations can obviously disseminate biased opinion with ease, and there are plenty of them in the mix for Soros here.

The Soros touch on stations that thousands upon thousands of commuters in big cities rely on for their news every day could really muddy up things in an election year.  ...
https://pjmedia.com/stephen-kruiser/2024/02/16/the-morning-briefing-election-year-surprise-radio-soros-is-going-to-commie-up-the-airwaves-n4926471

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #8 on: February 16, 2024, 05:53:57 pm »
The Morning Briefing: Election Year Surprise — Radio Soros Is Going to Commie Up the Airwaves
Stephen Kruiser | 3:29 AM on February 16, 2024https://pjmedia.com/stephen-kruiser/2024/02/16/the-morning-briefing-election-year-surprise-radio-soros-is-going-to-commie-up-the-airwaves-n4926471

One thing this story perfectly illustrates is that AM Radio is far from dead.

Everyone would do well to listen to this. It's a great primer on how professional politicians operate. https://www.iheart.com/podcast/139-the-michael-berry-show-27764850/episode/pm-show-hr-1-maximizing-150794270/
« Last Edit: February 16, 2024, 06:12:47 pm by Bigun »
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline rustynail

« Reply #9 on: February 16, 2024, 06:16:19 pm »
Did he get WOLD?

Offline GrouchoTex

« Reply #10 on: February 16, 2024, 06:29:20 pm »

:amen:

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
George Soros scoops up 220 U.S. radio stations ahead of 2024 election

By Victor Morton - The Washington Times - Wednesday, February 14, 2024
George Soros has purchased a potentially controlling stake in America’s second-largest chain of radio stations.

According to bankruptcy filings cited Wednesday in the New York Post, his Soros Fund Management has bought $400 million of debt in the Audacy chain.

The Post reported that the Fund’s stake comes to about 40% of Audacy’s debt, at a value of about 50 cents on the dollar.

https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2024/feb/14/george-soros-scoops-220-us-radio-stations-ahead-20/?cx_testId=11&cx_testVariant=cx_1&cx_artPos=0&cx_experienceId=EX84Q6HVYQ2K&utm_source=piano&utm_medium=footer_ribbon&utm_campaign=4_item_Pos_0_desktop#cxrecs_s
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline Mod2

Topics merged.