Author Topic: US weighs mass release of migrants over budget woes  (Read 220 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
US weighs mass release of migrants over budget woes
« on: February 15, 2024, 10:33:28 am »

US weighs mass release of migrants over budget woes
Story by By Bernd Debusmann Jr - BBC News, Washington  •
17h

A  senior US immigration official has said that authorities plan to release thousands of migrants from detention amid a severe budget crunch.

The official from US Immigrations and Customs Enforcement (ICE) told CBS, the BBC's US partner, that between 4,000 and 6,000 migrants could be released.

A bipartisan border bill that would have funded immigration detentions collapsed last week.

More than 6.3 million migrants have entered the US illegally since 2021.

ICE is currently holding approximately 38,000 migrants in long-term detention facilities.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/us-weighs-mass-release-of-migrants-over-budget-woes/ar-BB1ihlAe?ocid=msedgdhp&pc=HCTS&cvid=966fc446512a4a3883112b3be2fc6b79&ei=46
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Re: US weighs mass release of migrants over budget woes
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2024, 10:35:52 am »
I fail to see how dumping all these illegals onto the streets where they will be given welfare for their total existence is going to help? :shrug:
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson