Author Topic: For the first time in my life, I’m now beginning to think Britain is finished  (Read 2141 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
 For the first time in my life, I’m now beginning to think Britain is finished
Story by Allister Heath  •
15h

Britain’s decline over the past 25 years has been staggeringly rapid. Almost everything is getting worse, and almost nothing is getting better. Our public and private institutions are broken, presided over by an incompetent, selfish and narcissistic ruling class. Living standards, when adjusted properly for living and property costs, are declining.

Even the simplest things don’t work any longer. Queuing, scarcity and congestion are rife, our infrastructure is embarrassingly poor, and the honest and hardworking face endless bureaucratic battles to obtain what they are due. Free riding, crime, disorder, fraud, littering and generalised rule-bending are rife, and all too often tolerated by apathetic citizens and an indifferent state. Britain’s residual virtues, our individualism, independence of mind, tolerance and openness, uniquely appealing features of our national character, are fading.

Like a frog in boiling water, few saw the full scale of the decline coming until it was too late, and those who did were ridiculed by the bien-pensant. Yet even in 2024, when millions now realise that Britain is on the wrong track, there is no hope of meaningful improvement. The Tories have been abysmal, but Labour will be even worse: Keir Starmer will double down on the social-democratic and culturally nihilistic policies tested to destruction by the Conservatives.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/for-the-first-time-in-my-life-i-m-now-beginning-to-think-britain-is-finished/ar-BB1ihC2l?ocid=msedgdhp&pc=HCTS&cvid=966fc446512a4a3883112b3be2fc6b79&ei=27
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline rustynail

Americans sent the brits their personal firearms to repel a German invasion.  They threw them in the sea. 

No sympathy.

Offline mountaineer

Few Western European nations are not "finished," thanks to their bowing to the gods of wokeness and refusal to control immigration.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline DefiantMassRINO

Britain's former colonies are getting their revenge.
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
London, 2060:
Calcutta with Big Ben and London Bridge (falling down)...

« Last Edit: February 15, 2024, 10:33:22 pm by Fishrrman »

Offline libertybele

Few Western European nations are not "finished," thanks to their bowing to the gods of wokeness and refusal to control immigration.

Sadly, very true.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Sighlass

• Didn't vote for McCain Dole Romney Trump !
Americans sent the brits their personal firearms to repel a German invasion.  They threw them in the sea. 

No sympathy.

Well crapola on a cracker, I didn't know that tidbit... but it seems it happened.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/American_Committee_for_the_Defense_of_British_Homes

@rustynail thanks for the history lesson.
Exodus 18:21 Furthermore, you shall select out of all the people able men who fear God, men of truth, those who hate dishonest gain; and you shall place these over them as leaders over ....

Offline Sighlass

• Didn't vote for McCain Dole Romney Trump !
Poland seems to be the only unwoke European country left... but they are surrounded by stupid.
Exodus 18:21 Furthermore, you shall select out of all the people able men who fear God, men of truth, those who hate dishonest gain; and you shall place these over them as leaders over ....

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
London, 2060:
Calcutta with Big Ben and London Bridge (falling down)...

He wasn't the only one!

“There is no room in this country for hyphenated Americans... The one absolutely certain way of bringing this nation to ruin, of preventing all possibility of it continuing to be a nation at all, would be to permit it to become a tangle of squabbling nationalities.”

Theodore Roosevelt October 12, 1915

What he said there applies to Great Britian every bit as much as it does to America.

"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
I knew GB was OVER when a Muslim was elected to be the Mayor of London.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2024, 12:17:43 am by sneakypete »
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline mountaineer

London Mayor Sadiq Khan has blocked a statue of the late Queen going up in Trafalgar Square so that 'art' will appear instead. The first six month exhibit will be casts of the faces of 850 cross-dressing prostitutes

https://twitter.com/ripx4nutmeg/status/1758759377559859274

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
I am guessing he is NOT  devout Muslim,but a different type  of nut case?

Are we to believe the typical British citizen is fine with this?

Offline libertybele

I am guessing he is NOT  devout Muslim,but a different type  of nut case?

Are we to believe the typical British citizen is fine with this?

...and the average British citizen is going to stop them how???

Same situation we find ourselves with the DEMS - - they push until they get what they want and if no one pushes back - bonus -- they easily get what they want. The heck with the rule of law.  Ignoring it, abusing it and ruling against it is how they continue to win. 

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
...and the average British citizen is going to stop them how???

@libertybele

I don't know. I know  next to nothing about the British political system.

Same situation we find ourselves with the DEMS - - they push until they get what they want and if no one pushes back - bonus -- they easily get what they want. The heck with the rule of law.  Ignoring it, abusing it and ruling against it is how they continue to win.

We are in agreement on this.

Offline libertybele

I could easily say the same thing about the U.S.A.  "For the first time in my life, I'm now beginning to think that America is finished".

Our borders remain open and we've turned into a Banana Republic.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
I could easily say the same thing about the U.S.A.  "For the first time in my life, I'm now beginning to think that America is finished".

Our borders remain open and we've turned into a Banana Republic.

@libertybele

The fact that a non-career politician (Trump) is running for President and SEEMS likely to be the ultimate winner even with the DNC adding non-existent voters and their votes to the total is the only thing that gives me any hope at all.

Trump might not be successful at saving America even if he is elected,but he IS the only  one running that seems to be interested in trying.

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
@libertybele

The fact that a non-career politician (Trump) is running for President and SEEMS likely to be the ultimate winner even with the DNC adding non-existent voters and their votes to the total is the only thing that gives me any hope at all.

Trump might not be successful at saving America even if he is elected,but he IS the only  one running that seems to be interested in trying.

I can remember when many of us 20-25 years ago were railed as tin-foil hatters when we prognosticated NWO applications.  No doubt, all the the dots are now connecting.With the help of climate change whackos, WEF Globalist, and foorced wealth redistribution to the 3rd world, the pace toward that end result is accelerating.

I am not a Trump supporter, but more and more I am leaning toward viewing him as at least a speed bump, to at least give us time, to turn the ship around.  He's still a POS, but the alternative will lead to our rapid demise.
« Last Edit: February 17, 2024, 02:45:51 pm by catfish1957 »
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline libertybele

@libertybele

Stop right there @sneakypete  Let's take a look at reality.  How on earth do you expect him to be the nominee? 91 felony charges against him.  He has more pending charges against him.  They've ordered that he and his sons can't run their businesses for a couple of years, so where is he going to get $$$$??  The RNC is way behind in fund raising in comparison to the DEMS so his running is going to drastically hurt those trying to win down ballot. Sorry, but him milking the RNC for legal fees and hurting down ballot candidates is not setting well with me.

Yes, it has become a matter of principle because of what these jackalopes are doing to him, but again, and I repeat, the ONLY way that we save this country is if a conservative is seated in the WH.  We're going to be left with Haley.  That's who the GOPe wants period.

You need to realize what is going on -- obviously they are not going to let him near the WH.  He may indeed miraculously be the GOP nominee but that doesn't mean he's going to win the election -- they are doing everything they can now to stop him financially and to stop him from campaigning.  He has more court dates that align with Super Tuesday. 

If all fails, the leftists WILL steal another election.  Again, how do you expect Trump to be seated???

(IF he is already the presumed nominee -- then why is he still campaigning other than to pay for his legal fees??   9999hair out0000)

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
I can remember when many of us 20-25 years ago were railed as tin-foil hatters when we prognosticated NWO applications.  No doubt, all the the dots are now connecting.With the help of climate change whackos, WEF Globalist, and foorced wealth redistribution to the 3rd world, the pace toward that end result is accelerating.

I am not a Trump supporter, but more and more I am leaning toward viewing him as at least a speed bump, to at least give us time, to turn the ship around.  He's still a POS, but the alternative will lead to our rapid demise.

:yowsa: Exactly where I find myself. That, along with the FACT that I will not abide stolen elections, is why I will vote for Trump this year regardless of what lawfare bastards, courts, and the media do.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits

@catfish1957

YUP!

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Stop right there @sneakypete  Let's take a look at reality.  How on earth do you expect him to be the nominee? 91 felony charges against him.  He has more pending charges against him.  They've ordered that he and his sons can't run their businesses for a couple of years, so where is he going to get $$$$??  The RNC is way behind in fund raising in comparison to the DEMS so his running is going to drastically hurt those trying to win down ballot. Sorry, but him milking the RNC for legal fees and hurting down ballot candidates is not setting well with me.

Yes, it has become a matter of principle because of what these jackalopes are doing to him, but again, and I repeat, the ONLY way that we save this country is if a conservative is seated in the WH.  We're going to be left with Haley.  That's who the GOPe wants period.

You need to realize what is going on -- obviously they are not going to let him near the WH.  He may indeed miraculously be the GOP nominee but that doesn't mean he's going to win the election -- they are doing everything they can now to stop him financially and to stop him from campaigning.  He has more court dates that align with Super Tuesday. 

If all fails, the leftists WILL steal another election.  Again, how do you expect Trump to be seated???

(IF he is already the presumed nominee -- then why is he still campaigning other than to pay for his legal fees??   9999hair out0000)

@libertybele

To sum it up,your opinion is that "America is over because we can't win,so why even try?"

I seem to recall a term from a few years back with the title "Surrender Monkey".

"Oh,woe is me! Ahm not agonna win,so why try?"

Offline libertybele

@libertybele

To sum it up,your opinion is that "America is over because we can't win,so why even try?"

I seem to recall a term from a few years back with the title "Surrender Monkey".

"Oh,woe is me! Ahm not agonna win,so why try?"

???? @sneakypete you didn't answer my questions. Secondly, it's not a matter of surrendering but rather realizing what your are doing to win isn't working and to implement another plan of action.  As the saying goes, you've got to realize when to hold 'em and when to fold 'em.

It is foolish to keep doing the same things that have failed before or to run the same person who has failed before and to expect a different result.

Offline Hoodat

If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline mountaineer

Oli London
@OliLondonTV
Around 21,500 Afghans have been given Asylum status in the UK since the troop withdrawal from Kabul in 2021.
Do you think these people will integrate with the culture and society of the UK?

https://twitter.com/OliLondonTV/status/1758885325718319188

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
???? @sneakypete you didn't answer my questions. Secondly, it's not a matter of surrendering but rather realizing what your are doing to win isn't working and to implement another plan of action.  As the saying goes, you've got to realize when to hold 'em and when to fold 'em.

It is foolish to keep doing the same things that have failed before or to run the same person who has failed before and to expect a different result.

@libertybele

Which is why I  am voting for Trump.

Who  are YOU voting for?