Author Topic: Rep. Mark Green: I’m announcing my retirement from Congress.  (Read 748 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Timber Rattler

• Conservative Purist and Patriot
Re: Rep. Mark Green: I’m announcing my retirement from Congress.
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2024, 02:11:10 am »
Must have gotten his cushy lobbyist job lined up today too.
aka "nasty degenerate SOB," "worst of the worst at Free Republic," "Garbage Troll," "Neocon Warmonger," "Filthy Piece of Trash," "damn $#%$#@!," "Silly f'er," "POS," "war pig," "neocon scumbag," "insignificant little ankle nipper," "@ss-clown," "neocuck," "termite," "Uniparty Deep stater," "Never Trump sack of dog feces," "avid Bidenista," "filthy Ukrainian," "war whore," "fricking chump," psychopathic POS, and depraved SOB.

"In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act."  ---George Orwell

"If you want peace, prepare for war." ---Flavius Vegetius Renatus

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2024, 03:21:16 am »
Must have gotten his cushy lobbyist job lined up today too.

I don't believe that to be the case.  Green is stepping down after three terms, which is how it should be.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2024, 04:35:27 am »
Boebert-types aside, the truth is that most members of Congress would earn more in the private sector than they would from a Congressional paycheck, especially when you consider the requirement to maintain two residences.

Offline HikerGuy83

• Still Trying
« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2024, 05:28:38 am »
An actively serving congressman said "Our country is broken".

Did anyone else read that ?

The guy's a doctor and a retired army colonel.

Ah...but it's just "the other side", right ?

After all, we should have a perfect border bill (what we consider perfect).  And if we can't get it, well f**k it, we won't get anything.

Yep....Broken in soooooooo many ways.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2024, 05:31:15 am by HikerGuy83 »

Offline HikerGuy83

• Still Trying
« Reply #5 on: February 15, 2024, 05:32:18 am »
Boebert-types aside, the truth is that most members of Congress would earn more in the private sector than they would from a Congressional paycheck, especially when you consider the requirement to maintain two residences.

He's a retired colonel and a doctor.

I doubt he has to worry about money.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #6 on: February 15, 2024, 08:10:25 am »
An actively serving congressman said "Our country is broken".

Did anyone else read that ?

The guy's a doctor and a retired army colonel.

Ah...but it's just "the other side", right ?

After all, we should have a perfect border bill (what we consider perfect).  And if we can't get it, well f**k it, we won't get anything.

Yep....Broken in soooooooo many ways.

We don't need a new border bill.

Just enforce the bleep law.

If that means we have to put up some decent fences and patrol them, so be it.

P.S. Sent the party crashers back wherever they came from, and their wee bairns, too!
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Timber Rattler

• Conservative Purist and Patriot
« Reply #7 on: February 15, 2024, 01:34:46 pm »
I don't believe that to be the case.  Green is stepping down after three terms, which is how it should be.

Perhaps.  Me being facetious aside, my best guess is that he's tired of dealing with obnoxious Trump supporters in his district, as well as Gaetz, MTG, Boehbert, and their ilk in DC.  Powerful committee chairmen like him just don't quit to spend more time with their families.
aka "nasty degenerate SOB," "worst of the worst at Free Republic," "Garbage Troll," "Neocon Warmonger," "Filthy Piece of Trash," "damn $#%$#@!," "Silly f'er," "POS," "war pig," "neocon scumbag," "insignificant little ankle nipper," "@ss-clown," "neocuck," "termite," "Uniparty Deep stater," "Never Trump sack of dog feces," "avid Bidenista," "filthy Ukrainian," "war whore," "fricking chump," psychopathic POS, and depraved SOB.

"In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act."  ---George Orwell

"If you want peace, prepare for war." ---Flavius Vegetius Renatus