Author Topic: DHS Secretary Mayorkas personally denied RFK Jr.'s Secret Service request, documents show  (Read 1227 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
DHS Secretary Mayorkas personally denied RFK Jr.'s Secret Service request, documents show

Presidential candidates have been allowed to request Secret Service protection since Kennedy's father was assassinated during his 1968 campaign.
By Madeleine Hubbard

Published: February 14, 2024 9:28am

Homeland Security Secretary Alejandro Mayorkas personally denied Robert F. Kennedy Jr.'s request for a Secret Service detail to protect him as a presidential candidate, records show.

Judicial Watch, a conservative legal watchdog, released the records regarding Kennedy's request Tuesday after obtaining the documents through a Freedom of Information Act lawsuit.

Kennedy had asked Homeland Security to provide him with Secret Service protection in May 2023, while he was still running as a Democratic candidate against President Joe Biden. Kennedy has since left the Democratic primary to run as an independent candidate. 

"I decline to identify Candidate Kennedy for United States Secret Service protection at this time," Mayorkas told Secret Service Director Kimberly Cheatle in a letter in July. Mayorkas said the decision was made "in accordance with" federal law and "in consultation with the Candidate Protection Advisory Committee."

Although the letter denying Kennedy's request was addressed to Cheatle, he also copied members of the Candidate Protection Advisory Committee, including Senate Majority Leader Chuck Schumer, D-N.Y., and Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell, R-Ky.

Kennedy said on X, formerly Twitter, earlier this month that he requested Secret Service protection three times, all of which were denied. He is circulating a petition to demand Biden give him protection.

The Secret Service began providing protection to presidential candidates after Kennedy's father, Robert F. Kennedy, was assassinated during his 1968 White House run.

more
https://justthenews.com/government/federal-agencies/dhs-secretary-mayorkas-personally-denied-rfk-jrs-secret-service-request
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online libertybele

Despicable. 
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online mountaineer

Such an incompetent ass.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
How many other candidates polling where RFK Jr. Is  have been granted Secret Service protection at this point in a campaign? My guess is zero, else RFK Jr.s campaign would have cited prior examples to show how he is being treated differently.

Mayorkas is an ass, but that doesn't mean he's wrong in this instance.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2024, 02:50:11 am by Maj. Bill Martin »

Offline Hoodat

How many other candidates polling where RFK Jr. Is  have been granted Secret Service protection at this point in a campaign? My guess is zero, else RFK Jr.s campaign would have cited prior examples to show how he is being treated differently.

Granting protection isn't based on poll numbers.  It is based upon risk assessment. 

i.e. what is the probability of something bad happening + what will be the cost of the fallout if something bad does happen
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.

No, but a fine opportunity to impeach him went by the boards...
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
Granting protection isn't based on poll numbers.  It is based upon risk assessment. 

i.e. what is the probability of something bad happening + what will be the cost of the fallout if something bad does happen

Okay, then what is the specific evidence that RFK Jr. Is more deserving of SS protection than is Haley, or any other the earlier GOP contenders, or any similar contenders in past elections?

Offline PeteS in CA

IMO, RFK Jr. is a fruitcake, and I'd vote for Elmer Fudd or Wile E. Coyote over him, but RFK Jr. is a Presidential candidate and should have Secret Service protection like any other valid candidate (unlike Elmer Fudd and Wile E. Coyote).
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Online mountaineer

IMO, RFK Jr. is a fruitcake, and I'd vote for Elmer Fudd or Wile E. Coyote over him, but RFK Jr. is a Presidential candidate and should have Secret Service protection like any other valid candidate (unlike Elmer Fudd and Wile E. Coyote).
Agreed. He probably has a legitimate desire/need for USSS protection. And I, too, would never vote for him!

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Agreed. He probably has a legitimate desire/need for USSS protection. And I, too, would never vote for him!

How did it come to pass that ANYONE can deny USSS protection all by themselves?
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online mountaineer

Robert F. Kennedy Jr
@RobertKennedyJr
A congressional advisory committee just voted in favor of granting Nikki Haley Secret Service protection. While I’m happy she’ll be protected and publicly supported her request, double standards abound.

My campaign first requested Secret Service protection in May 2023 with a 63 page declaration. We still have a current request pending. My request is the first time in 55 years a candidate has ever been denied. The Biden administration is the sole outlier to turn down a request for Secret Service coverage.

Polling is one of the criteria used to determine whether to approve Secret Service or not. Nikki Haley’s polling is a fraction of mine.

According to a NYT/Siena poll, I average 24% in the battleground states. A recent NBC poll shows 34% of Americans could see themselves voting for me. Polling indicates right now that ~50M Americans would vote for me. The will of the people is being thwarted by blatant corruption from Secretary Mayorkas and the Biden Administration.

The Bush administration afforded Barack Obama Secret Service protection 551 days before the election. President Obama provided protection to President Trump early; President Trump provided protection to President Biden early–even though they were political adversaries.

Refusing me Secret Service protection is a way to drain my campaign funds and stop the movement we’re building together. They want us out of the race by any means necessary. This is blatant election interference.

Let me be clear: I have immense respect for the Secret Service. This corruption is coming from much higher up.

As many saw on Judicial Watch this week, documents were published that show Secretary Mayorkas and his cronies deliberately refusing my campaign Secret Service–after credible threats and packets of evidence were submitted. Unfortunately, most of the documents were redacted. What do Mayorkas and his buddies have to hide?

Unfortunately for the establishment and those who skulk around in back rooms, I’m not going anywhere. Our movement is growing stronger and our coalition is building. I am more steadfast than ever about winning in November. If you give me a sword and some ground to stand on, I will give you your country back.

In the interest of transparency, I’m sharing one of our previous requests from October 2023: https://assets.nationbuilder.com/joinkennedy/pages/2784/attachments/original/1698346540/Kennedy-secret-service-protection-request-Secretary-Mayorkas.pdf?1698346540

#Kennedy24
4:39 PM · Feb 16, 2024

Online Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Bobby Jr.:
"Unfortunately for the establishment and those who skulk around in back rooms, I’m not going anywhere. Our movement is growing stronger and our coalition is building. I am more steadfast than ever about winning in November. If you give me a sword and some ground to stand on, I will give you your country back."

Pretty interesting statement, there...

Offline Hoodat

Okay, then what is the specific evidence that RFK Jr. Is more deserving of SS protection than is Haley, or any other the earlier GOP contenders, or any similar contenders in past elections?

Ben Carson was awarded Secret Service protection in 2016 even though he won only 9 GOP delegates in the primaries.  As for "deserving" protection, that is left up to a special committee of Congress.  At least that is what the law says.  But Mayorkas isn't interested in what the law says.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Online mountaineer

Oops, he's done it again.

Joel Pollak
@joelpollak
This is nuts. Mayorkas consulted with a five-member committee, four of whom are leaders of the two major parties Kennedy is opposing, about whether he should get Secret Service protection. The political cartel gets to cancel non-members in more than a figurative sense.
11:18 PM · Mar 3, 2024

https://twitter.com/WriterPaulBond/status/1764391511020724505

Online Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
mountaineer wrote:
"Such an incompetent ass."

I beg to disagree.
You are 180 degrees off in your assessment of mayorkas.

I believe that he's one of the architects of the administrations "immigration policy", among other things...

Offline christian

• I need to be in love, K.c. R.C.
Since JFK and RFK and MLK's murders, how so many of those in on the murders or cover-ups were so well rewarded politically and the world seemed utterly clueless, and willfully so.  So much denial of reality and the truth even back then.  So much devastation-destruction by lil Georgie, even back then.
Card carrying member of the national F-Joe Biden movement, and his minions