Author Topic: James Clyburn to step down from Democratic leadership  (Read 185 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
James Clyburn to step down from Democratic leadership
« on: February 15, 2024, 12:05:51 am »

James Clyburn to step down from Democratic leadership

Clyburn had served as party whip until the current Congress but become assistant Democratic leader in 2023.
By Ben Whedon

Published: February 14, 2024 5:31pm

South Carolina Democratic Rep. James Clyburn plans to step down from House Democratic leadership but will still seek reelection in 2024, he confirmed on Wednesday.

Clyburn had served as Majority Whip before the current Congress and become assistant Democratic leader in 2023. He first entered Congress in 1993.

"I have informed Leader Hakeem Jeffries of my intention to step down as Assistant Democratic Leader of the House Democratic Caucus," he announced in a statement.

"I will run for re-election for the Sixth Congressional District.  Events of the last several years have made it clear that the greatness of America is at peril, and the threats to our continued pursuit of ‘a more perfect Union’ are real," he further stated.

"South Carolina, and our already-great nation, have made tremendous progress under the Biden-Harris Administration," he added. "I look forward to continuing to work alongside my Democratic colleagues in the 118th Congress, and beyond, to regain a Democratic Majority, retain our Senate Majority, and rally Americans to reelect President Joe Biden and Vice President Kamala Harris."

Clyburn represents the Sixth Congressional District, which included much of central and southeastern South Carolina.

more
https://justthenews.com/politics-policy/james-clyburn-step-down-democratic-leadership?utm_source=mux&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=tw
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34