Author Topic: Biden shielding Palestinians in US from deportation, New York Times reports  (Read 312 times)

Offline mountaineer

Biden shielding Palestinians in US from deportation, New York Times reports
Feb. 14, 2024

(Reuters via MSN) - U.S. President Joe Biden is using executive authority to shield thousands of Palestinians in the U.S. from deportation for the next 18 months, the New York Times reported on Wednesday, citing a memo.

Some 6,000 Palestinians are eligible for the reprieve under an immigration program called Deferred Enforced Departure, the newspaper reported. Biden cited the danger to civilians in Gaza for taking the step, it added.
Of course. Why not.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline mountaineer

Bill Melugin
@BillMelugin_
NEW: Citing the war in Gaza, President Biden has issued an order that will shield Palestinians in the U.S. from deportation for 18 months via a program called "Deferred Enforcement Departure". Recipients of this program will also be offered work permits. There are exceptions to who is eligible.

Biden's comments:

"Pursuant to my constitutional authority to conduct the foreign relations of the United States, I have determined that it is in the foreign policy interest of the United States to defer for 18 months the removal of any Palestinian subject to the conditions and exceptions provided below.

Accordingly, I hereby direct the Secretary of Homeland Security to take appropriate measures to defer for 18 months the removal of any Palestinian who is present in the United States on the date of this memorandum, except for those:

(1)  who have voluntarily returned to the Palestinian territories after the date of this memorandum;

(2)  who have not continuously resided in the United States since the date of this memorandum;

(3)  who are inadmissible under section 212(a)(3) of the Immigration and Nationality Act (INA) (8 U.S.C. 1182(a)(3)) or deportable under section 237(a)(4) of the INA (8 U.S.C. 1227(a)(4));

(4)  who have been convicted of any felony or two or more misdemeanors committed in the United States, or who meet any of the criteria set forth in section 208(b)(2)(A) of the INA (8 U.S.C. 1158(b)(2)(A));

(5)  who are subject to extradition;

(6)  whose presence in the United States the Secretary of Homeland Security has determined is not in the interest of the United States or presents a danger to public safety; or

(7)  whose presence in the United States the Secretary of State has reasonable grounds to believe would have potentially serious adverse foreign policy consequences for the United States.

I further direct the Secretary of Homeland Security to take appropriate measures to authorize employment for noncitizens whose removal has been deferred, as provided by this memorandum, for the duration of such deferral, and to consider suspending regulatory requirements with respect to F-1 nonimmigrant students who are Palestinians as the Secretary of Homeland Security determines to be appropriate."
https://whitehouse.gov/briefing-room/presidential-actions/2024/02/14/memorandum-on-the-deferred-enforced-departure-for-certain-palestinians/
5:21 PM · Feb 14, 2024
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline DefiantMassRINO

So, President Biden can issue an Executive Order to "defer" deportations, but he doesn't have the authority to stop the invasion at the Border?

#NoBorderSecurityNoMoreMoney
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Joe Biden Shields Palestinians from Deportation, Vows to Give Them U.S. Jobs

JOHN BINDER14 Feb 2024934

President Joe Biden is shielding Palestinians in the United States from deportation while authorizing the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) to loosen work requirements to funnel them into American jobs.

On Wednesday, Biden issued a memorandum to DHS and the State Department, providing most Palestinians in the U.S. with “Deferred Enforced Departure” for at least 18 months amid war in Israel with Hamas terrorists.

Ultimately, the memorandum ensures that most Palestinians cannot be deported from the U.S. over the next year and a half — a plan that was first pitched to Biden by the far-left Council on American-Islamic Relations (CAIR).

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2024/02/14/joe-biden-shields-palestinians-from-deportation-vows-to-give-them-u-s-jobs/
« Last Edit: February 15, 2024, 02:47:57 pm by rangerrebew »
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Uncle Joe is convincing me more and more he, like most liberals, is virulently antisemitic.  ****slapping
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson