Author Topic: Republicans admit it. Kevin McCarthy has never looked so good.  (Read 436 times)

Offline Timber Rattler

• Conservative Purist and Patriot
Republicans admit it. Kevin McCarthy has never looked so good.
« on: February 14, 2024, 10:11:27 pm »
https://www.politico.com/news/2024/02/14/johnson-faces-waves-of-buyers-remorse-00141407

For nine months in his speakership, Kevin McCarthy seemed like a man with a title but no power — desperately improvising to keep his job amid factions ready to turn on him in an instant.

Now, in his fourth month in alleged power, Speaker Mike Johnson has accomplished what once seemed unthinkable: making McCarthy seem like a skilled strategist and master of the House.

Interviews with multiple Republicans over the last few days across multiple House factions — people who consider themselves on Johnson’s team, as well as those who were never enthusiastic about his rise — describe a speaker who seems to be winging it on major questions of strategy, messaging and basic vote-counting.

Dismay over Johnson’s seemingly limp grasp on the speaker’s gavel has even produced a new trend of sorts: McCarthy nostalgia.

“Kevin would have a strategy, he’d shop it around, then he’d make a play call,” a senior Republican lawmaker said. “The more I’m around Johnson, the more it’s clear to me he doesn’t have a plan.”

Some are even going on the record. Rep. Thomas Massie (R-Ky.), a libertarian gadfly who was never considered a McCarthy ally, openly pined for the former speaker last week after Republicans suffered another embarrassing floor defeat.

“Getting rid of Speaker McCarthy has officially turned into an unmitigated disaster,” he tweeted.

EXCERPT

aka "nasty degenerate SOB," "worst of the worst at Free Republic," "Garbage Troll," "Neocon Warmonger," "Filthy Piece of Trash," "damn $#%$#@!," "Silly f'er," "POS," "war pig," "neocon scumbag," "insignificant little ankle nipper," "@ss-clown," "neocuck," "termite," "Uniparty Deep stater," "Never Trump sack of dog feces," "avid Bidenista," "filthy Ukrainian," "war whore," "fricking chump," psychopathic POS, and depraved SOB.

"In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act."  ---George Orwell

"If you want peace, prepare for war." ---Flavius Vegetius Renatus

Offline libertybele

Re: Republicans admit it. Kevin McCarthy has never looked so good.
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2024, 10:16:32 pm »
McCarthy was still a RINO.  I had never heard of Johnson till they ousted McCarthy.  Neither of them have done any good for the GOP, nor are they good leaders.

Hopefully the GOP will get a chance to name Speaker #3.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline DefiantMassRINO

« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2024, 10:33:01 pm »
Scalise would have been the better choice than McCarthy.

McCarthy was the continuation of the Boehner-Ryan regime.

In historical terms, McCarthy was a "rump state".

The House is Trump's now.
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2024, 12:38:38 am »
Folks, consider where this article is coming from...

politico is upset because Speaker Johnson is successfully (for now) thwarting the left's agenda in Congress.

Keep it up, Mr. Johnson.

Make "stalemate" your middle name.

Offline HikerGuy83

• Still Trying
« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2024, 05:34:50 am »
McCarthy was still a RINO.  I had never heard of Johnson till they ousted McCarthy.  Neither of them have done any good for the GOP, nor are they good leaders.

Hopefully the GOP will get a chance to name Speaker #3.

And he or she will be even worse. 

Their track record is pretty dismal.

Offline HikerGuy83

• Still Trying
« Reply #5 on: February 15, 2024, 05:35:30 am »
McCarthy was still a RINO. 

Curious....

What made him a RINO ?