Author Topic: Trump’s scapegoating of mail-in voting is sinking the GOP  (Read 1542 times)

Offline corbe

Trump’s scapegoating of mail-in voting is sinking the GOP
« on: February 14, 2024, 10:02:51 pm »

By Zachary Faria
February 14, 2024 2:41 pm

Former President Donald Trump has been toxic to the GOP in many ways in elections, and that includes his unrelenting opposition to mail-in voting.

Republicans lost a state House race in Pennsylvania in a Biden plus-10 district by 35 points, with over 95% of the vote tallied. This is thanks, in part, to the Democratic candidate dominating mail-in votes 86%-14%. In New York, Democrat Tom Suozzi won the U.S. House seat to replace expelled GOP Rep. George Santos, giving Republicans an even smaller margin. The New York Times reported that heavy snow caused turnout to shrink, which is a problem for Republicans who largely have rejected voting by mail and usually vote only in person on Election Day.

<..snip..>

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/opinion/beltway-confidential/2856837/trumps-scapegoating-mail-in-voting-sinking-gop/
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline DefiantMassRINO

Re: Trump’s scapegoating of mail-in voting is sinking the GOP
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2024, 10:16:00 pm »
Yet, Congressional GOP sycophants keep drinking the Orange Kool-Aid.  Stupid is as stupid does. 

Dumb, weak, and cowardly are bad attributes for public officials.  The GOP is bless to have so many sitting in Congress.
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2024, 11:13:42 pm »
Nonsense.

"Mail-in" voting is one of the best "tools" the communists have in their "above-ground" portion of the "election apparatus" (much of which is still "underground").

It should be BANNED, EVERYWHERE.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2024, 11:38:33 pm »

By Zachary Faria
February 14, 2024 2:41 pm

Former President Donald Trump has been toxic to the GOP in many ways in elections, and that includes his unrelenting opposition to mail-in voting.

@corbe

I don't believe for a second that you love main-in voting.

You just hate "Rude Orange Man" to the point you would be happy to see the Dim candidate win,regardless of who  it is.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2024, 11:42:04 pm »

Yet, Congressional GOP sycophants keep drinking the Orange Kool-Aid.

And knee-jerk cretins are happy about it.

Stupid is as stupid does. 

Couldn't  have said it better,myself.

Dumb, weak, and cowardly are bad attributes for public officials.

Yet,they are the ones you support.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #5 on: February 14, 2024, 11:43:52 pm »
Nonsense.

"Mail-in" voting is one of the best "tools" the communists have in their "above-ground" portion of the "election apparatus" (much of which is still "underground").

@Fishrrman

With  the exception of US military members/government employees deployed to foreign nations who  would not be able to vote if it weren't for mail-in ballots,I agree.

Offline the OlLine Rebel

« Reply #6 on: February 14, 2024, 11:50:37 pm »
Nonsense.

You are correct.

BUT we need to play these banana’s game until we can repeal them all.

Everything but in-person single-day voting should be banned.  (Exceptions for absentee, which was the original mail-it-in balloting.). They are all the mark of banana republics.

I personally do not wish to participate, but my mother is the perfect candidate for early, mailing votes.  I intend to “request” her ballot.
Common sense is an uncommon virtue.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #7 on: February 15, 2024, 12:07:13 am »
You are correct.

BUT we need to play these banana’s game until we can repeal them all.

Everything but in-person single-day voting should be banned.  (Exceptions for absentee, which was the original mail-it-in balloting.). They are all the mark of banana republics.

I personally do not wish to participate, but my mother is the perfect candidate for early, mailing votes.  I intend to “request” her ballot.

So am I. I cannot stand the rigors of waiting in line, would probably have to go in my wheelchair with an attendant, all of which don't fit in the voting booth very well either, btw. It's a big PIA for me, and for a bunch of other folks.

Considering that my current condition would not improve (though I think/hope it will), the only way I am voting this year is if someone brings me a ballot.

Absentee ballots have their purpose.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #8 on: February 15, 2024, 08:40:05 am »
Nonsense.

Yep. Just because trump said something doesn't mean it is wrong or right, for that matter.

Use your own brain and sort it out.

Even village idiots are right sometimes, and experts can get it all horribly wrong.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online ScottinVA

« Reply #9 on: February 15, 2024, 10:17:43 am »
Nonsense.

Should be… but won’t be.  So, if the GOP wants to be competitive, it’d better embrace not only mail-in voting, but ballot harvesting, and absentee and early voting.  People may have the best of intentions to get out and vote on Election Day, but when the weather goes to crap, work schedules suddenly change or a health condition strikes, those best-laid plans often go awry. 

Offline cato potatoe

« Reply #10 on: February 15, 2024, 01:52:19 pm »
We’re still debating this, after yet another early voting disaster?   :silly:  In poisoning the early vote, Trump is ordering a segment of Republicans not to turn out.  He is an election losing machine.

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #11 on: February 15, 2024, 02:58:30 pm »
@Fishrrman

With  the exception of US military members/government employees deployed to foreign nations who  would not be able to vote if it weren't for mail-in ballots,I agree.
Which state are they supposed to represent if they don't live in one? Where are the votes supposed to count?
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #12 on: February 15, 2024, 03:03:49 pm »
Which state are they supposed to represent if they don't live in one? Where are the votes supposed to count?

@jmyrlefuller

Beats me,but since they have been doing this since before I was born,the system is already in place.

However,I am GUESSING the votes are for candidates running in the state of their "home of record" only.
After all,neither they nor anyone else can legally vote for candidates that don't live in their home states.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #13 on: February 15, 2024, 03:06:27 pm »

@jmyrlefuller

BTW,to further simplify this process,the US military or the branch of the US Government they work for has a "home of record address" for ALL of them,and when they get a ballot to fill out it is from their home state,and it is mailed back to their home state.

This ain't rocket science. After all,if they get killed while serving overseas,the gooberment has to know where to ship the remains.

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
« Reply #14 on: February 15, 2024, 04:45:06 pm »
Nonsense.

Yes, it should.

But until it is - and it won't be as long as Democrats are in power -- we are absolute fools for not taking advantage of it.

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
« Reply #15 on: February 15, 2024, 04:46:21 pm »
@jmyrlefuller

Beats me,but since they have been doing this since before I was born,the system is already in place.

However,I am GUESSING the votes are for candidates running in the state of their "home of record" only.
After all,neither they nor anyone else can legally vote for candidates that don't live in their home states.

Home of record also determines taxes, etc..

Offline massadvj

• Editorial Advisor
« Reply #16 on: February 15, 2024, 05:20:26 pm »
The GOP was sinking before Trump ever entered the picture. Its credibility was destroyed by GWB, who I regard as the worst president of the last 50 years (yes, worse than Carter). Remember the presidential disasters that were Romney and McCain? Now the same people who brought you those disasters are selling the narrative that Trump is "destroying" the GOP. Trump saved the GOP from itself in 2016. Yes, he has had a spotty record since then, but let's not delude ourselves into thinking that the stupid party wasn't the stupid party long before Trump.

Offline bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #17 on: February 15, 2024, 05:30:27 pm »
The GOP was sinking before Trump ever entered the picture. Its credibility was destroyed by GWB, who I regard as the worst president of the last 50 years (yes, worse than Carter). Remember the presidential disasters that were Romney and McCain? Now the same people who brought you those disasters are selling the narrative that Trump is "destroying" the GOP. Trump saved the GOP from itself in 2016. Yes, he has had a spotty record since then, but let's not delude ourselves into thinking that the stupid party wasn't the stupid party long before Trump.

I am with you 100%.
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #18 on: February 15, 2024, 05:35:54 pm »

That's right in all aspects, except I would put Tumpy as the worst in pure damage. Dubya in second. Carter in third.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #19 on: February 15, 2024, 05:38:09 pm »

The state which is their home of record at the time they were deployed overseas. @jmyrlefuller @sneakypete
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #20 on: February 15, 2024, 05:45:57 pm »

:amen: The Bush clan and its entourage (Karl Rove, Rick Perry, ...) are also behind everything bad happening in Texas politics today. That bunch was the prime mover (money behind) the Paxton impeachment fiasco. @massadvj 

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #21 on: February 15, 2024, 05:52:33 pm »
:amen: The Bush clan and its entourage (Karl Rove, Rick Perry, ...) are also behind everything bad happening in Texas politics today. That bunch was the prime mover (money behind) the Paxton impeachment fiasco. @massadvj 

And Montana, by the way... Look where Raciciot came from.

What you describe is the Moderate Wing. The NEOCONS.

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #22 on: February 15, 2024, 06:08:33 pm »
And Montana, by the way... Look where Raciciot came from.

What you describe is the Moderate Wing. The NEOCONS.

We are about to (figuratively speaking) run them all out of town on rails this year if my reading of the tea leaves is correct.

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #23 on: February 15, 2024, 06:13:38 pm »
We are about to (figuratively speaking) run them all out of town on rails this year if my reading of the tea leaves is correct.

In Texas? Maybe so. I don't believe it nationally. They have survived and remained in power almost all the way through my life.

The only thing that will dig them out is for the rank and file to demand Conservatism. Otherwise they will remain, and will continue to collude with Democrats to further Globalism.

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #24 on: February 15, 2024, 06:17:40 pm »
In Texas? Maybe so. I don't believe it nationally. They have survived and remained in power almost all the way through my life.

The only thing that will dig them out is for the rank and file to demand Conservatism. Otherwise they will remain, and will continue to collude with Democrats to further Globalism.

As the old saying goes, they "shit in their nest" here with this Paxton impeachment.

- J. R. R. Tolkien