Author Topic: ‘Multiple’ countries’ NATO-trained troops successfully recruited by China: General  (Read 135 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
‘Multiple’ countries’ NATO-trained troops successfully recruited by China: General
But the US and its NATO allies have brought some of those service members back, according to Gen. James Hecker.
By   MICHAEL MARROW
on February 13, 2024 at 12:24 PM

AFA WARFARE SYMPOSIUM — China has recruited current and former servicemembers from “multiple” NATO countries, a top US military official in the region said Monday, warning that the scheme to bolster expertise for the People’s Liberation Army Air Force is ongoing despite public pressure from the US and NATO allies. 

“There have been successful attempts” of Chinese recruitment “from multiple nations. It’s a lot of NATO nations,” Gen. James Hecker, the commander of US Air Forces in Europe (USAFE), said in a roundtable with reporters at the Air & Space Forces Association’s Warfare Symposium.

“But the good news is, we found out about this fairly early on. And we’ve had successes in getting some of the pilots that were involved in that kind of stuff — we’ve been able to bring them back. Mostly willingly, depending on the nation,” he said.

https://breakingdefense.com/2024/02/multiple-countries-nato-trained-troops-successfully-recruited-by-china-general/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson