Author Topic: Johnson demands meeting with Biden if president wants aid bill to make it to his desk  (Read 721 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Johnson demands meeting with Biden if president wants aid bill to make it to his desk
By
Rachel Schilke
February 14, 2024 9:32 am

House Speaker Mike Johnson (R-LA) is demanding to meet with President Joe Biden for a one-on-one, in-person discussion over the Ukraine and Israel foreign aid bill that is now before the House, placing the president in the hot seat if he wants to see the bill on his desk.

A source close to Johnson told NBC News that Johnson and his staff have repeatedly asked for meetings over the last two months after the speaker’s trip to the southern border in Eagle Pass, Texas. However, House Majority Leader Steve Scalise (R-LA) said on Tuesday that Biden “refuses” to meet with Johnson.

“Ultimately, the two of them could come to an agreement that can become law,” Scalise said. “And yet the president refuses to even meet. So, the president can’t say he’s serious about Ukraine or the border when he refuses to meet with the speaker so they can come to an agreement on this issue.”

Now that Johnson is asking for a meeting with Biden on the foreign aid bill, it places the ball in the president’s court to see whether he is willing to debate or make concessions on foreign spending.

more
https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/house/2855744/johnson-joe-biden-aid-package-to-make-it-to-his-desk/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
IF they can force President Poopy Pants into a meeting,that means his handlers MUST medicate and train him to perform like the barking seal he is.

They are reluctant to do this because (MY GUESS) is there are only so many more times they can "soup him up" on drugs to the point where he is semi-lucid,and then he dies.

I can't speak for the rest of you,but Biden dying while still in office is one of the most massive and scary nightmares I have ever had.

IF that happens,whoever is crowned to replace him will be unbeatable,period. It would take a ticket with Jesus at the top and with George Washington as his running mate to even pose a threat.

And THAT,will be the end  of America as an independent nation of free people.

I  can already see his face on Mount Rushmore,and even on our currency. Hell,this might have been a part of his handlers plans from the word "go!",for all I know.
« Last Edit: February 14, 2024, 03:04:51 pm by sneakypete »
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
IF they can force President Poopy Pants into a meeting,that means his handlers MUST medicate and train him to perform like the barking seal he is.

They are reluctant to do this because (MY GUESS) is there are only so many more times they can "soup him up" on drugs to the point where he is semi-lucid,and then he dies.

I can't speak for the rest of you,but Biden dying while still in office is one of the most massive and scary nightmares I have ever had.

IF that happens,whoever is crowned to replace him will be unbeatable,period. It would take a ticket with Jesus at the top and with George Washington as his running mate to even pose a threat.

And THAT,will be the end  of America as an independent nation of free people.

I  can already see his face on Mount Rushmore,and even on our currency. Hell,this might have been a part of his handlers plans from the word "go!",for all I know.

Who?

Kamala would automatically become the President, and then the Dems would have to bypass a sitting black female President as their nominee.  Pretty risky, although I suppose its even riskier to run her.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Who?

Kamala would automatically become the President, and then the Dems would have to bypass a sitting black female President as their nominee.  Pretty risky, although I suppose its even riskier to run her.

@Maj. Bill Martin

As dumb as she is,she still understands that leaving with a PILE of cash is better than leaving in a casket.

And she still makes the history  books as being our first female VP.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline DefiantMassRINO

Why demand a meeting with Biden?

If Biden wants the money, Biden will approach Johnson, as long as House GOP hold their ground.

The House GOP has the high ground.

Biden needs to explain to the American people the rationale of his Open Border and America Last policies.
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

@Maj. Bill Martin

As dumb as she is,she still understands that leaving with a PILE of cash is better than leaving in a casket.

Not going to happen.  Life isn't a Tom Clancy novel.

Offline kevindavis007

Johnson is in no position to demand anything.
Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/

Offline libertybele

@Maj. Bill Martin

Agreed.  :yowsa:
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline libertybele

Why demand a meeting with Biden?

If Biden wants the money, Biden will approach Johnson, as long as House GOP hold their ground.

The House GOP has the high ground.

Biden needs to explain to the American people the rationale of his Open Border and America Last policies.

The GOP lost another seat...so any leverage is getting very thin.

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Memo to Speaker Johnson:

Forget about any "meeting".
There's no compromise position possible with this enemy that can benefit your side.

Throw the Senate bill in the trash, and start over in the House.
Isn't that where all expenditures are supposed to begin, anyway...?

Offline libertybele

Memo to Speaker Johnson:

There's no compromise position possible with this enemy that can benefit your side.

888high58888

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Memo to Speaker Johnson:

888high58888 :yowsa:
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

Biden won't meet with Johnson because Jill and the rest of the "handlers" don't want Joe in an unscripted discussion with a political opponent.  If the Speaker comes out and says "he was clueless, disengaged, and didn't make any sense", lots of folks would find that credible. So they won't let it happen.