Author Topic: Chinese, Romanian Migrants Nabbed in Sophisticated Theft Ring near Border in California  (Read 189 times)

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Chinese, Romanian Migrants Nabbed in Sophisticated Theft Ring near Border in California
U.S. Border Patrol/El Centro SectorU.S. Border Patrol/El Centro Sector
RANDY CLARK13 Feb 202426
5:14
Border Patrol Agents in California arrested groups of migrants suspected of involvement in a sophisticated theft scheme involving stolen department store gift cards, possession of fraudulent identity documents, and credit card skimming activities. The pair of independent busts occurred in the El Centro Border Patrol Sector last week and involved five Chinese nationals in one case and two Romanian nationals in the second.

Early last week, Border Patrol agents near Indio, California, encountered five Chinese nationals at an interior Border Patrol immigration checkpoint. Agents found the migrants in possession of numerous stolen gift cards and 23 fraudulent Pennsylvania driver’s licenses. According to the Border Patrol, all five migrants were arrested. Three of the five Chinese nationals were determined to be asylum seekers released by DHS after entering the United States illegally.

In the second case — just days ago — Border Patrol agents near El Centro stopped a vehicle carrying two Romanian nationals. According to the Border Patrol, one of the Romanian nationals was in possession of a valid J-1 visa, indicating the Romanian was admitted to the United States after a petition from a U.S. business for the purposes of training and internship activities. The second Romanian national in the vehicle was found to be an asylum seeker released by DHS after entering the United States illegally.

https://www.breitbart.com/border/2024/02/13/chinese-romanian-migrants-nabbed-in-sophisticated-theft-ring-near-border-in-california/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson