Author Topic: Former San Francisco mayor challenging London Breed says city's fallen apart: 'Become the butt of j  (Read 683 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
 Former San Francisco mayor challenging London Breed says city's fallen apart: 'Become the butt of jokes'
Story by Gabriel Hays  •
8h

It’s funny all this is going on in San Francisco: Adam Corolla
A candidate trying to unseat San Francisco Mayor London Breed trashed the Democrat’s leadership, stating that under her the city streets "have never been worse," its "economy has collapsed," and the city has become the "butt of jokes" nationally.

Businessman and former San Francisco interim mayor Mark Farrell spoke to the New York Times about his upcoming mayoral race against Breed, detailing how the city has fallen apart under Breed and how he wants to put it back together by hiring more police and holding homeless people and drug addicts accountable.

Farrell, who was mayor for six months in 2018, lamented to the outlet what the city has become under its current leadership. Breed was elected in 2019 and is up for re-election in 2024 due to the city changing its election schedule.

"I’ve watched San Francisco crumble over the last five years. Public safety has never been a bigger concern. The conditions of our streets have never been worse. Our local economy has collapsed. And we’ve become the butt of jokes across the country," he said.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/former-san-francisco-mayor-challenging-london-breed-says-city-s-fallen-apart-become-the-butt-of-jokes/ar-BB1if32l?ocid=msedgdhp&pc=HCTS&cvid=2f87b9a35c1640598f512e49c871b5f6&ei=38
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline PeteS in CA

1. Farrell is basically making the same promises London Breed did when she ran for Mayor. Take the promises with a large block of salt.

2. "I’ve watched San Francisco crumble over the last five years ..." Really? 30 or 40 years would be more accurate. ~25 years ago I needed to get a passport quickly, so I had to go to the State Department offices in SF. At the time, 1999, I remember being particularly alert as I walked the several blocks from the BART station to the relevant building (and back) for aggressive Sacred Homeless panhandlers, and for liquid and solid human waste on sidewalks (didn't see any, thankfully). SF's problems go back farther than just 5 years, though things have grown worse over that time.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.