Author Topic: Bill Maher rips America-bashing liberal celebs who vowed to flee country under Trump: They're 'still  (Read 214 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Bill Maher rips America-bashing liberal celebs who vowed to flee country under Trump: They're 'still here'
Miley Cyrus and George Lopez were among several Hollywood liberals called out by the HBO host
By Joseph A. Wulfsohn Fox News
Published February 13, 2024 11:54am EST

"Real Time" host Bill Maher called out fellow Hollywood liberals for their previous vow to leave the country under President Trump but are "still here."

In his closing monologue on Friday, Maher bashed Americans who complain about living in the U.S., beginning with politicians like a progressive state representative candidate in New Hampshire who posted on social media saying "I need to get the f--- out of this country" and former President Trump who said he "could've been relaxing in… the south of France" instead of running for president.

"Again, I'm confused by this political message: Vote for me because I hate it here," Maher quipped. "Now, does America have big problems? Yes. I've often cited the ‘America sucks’ list. Things like being 54th in the world in infant mortality behind Cuba, 19th and literacy behind Russia, 72nd in female representation in government behind Iraq, a lot of work to do here. And is it possible for a country to lose itself so much that leaving it is justified? Yes, but we're not there yet. Not by a long shot. And we don't need quitters. We need people who will stay and fix it."

"Maybe the problem isn't that America isn't worth defending. Maybe the problem is that lots of people today are entitled whiners who have no perspective and no idea how good they have it," Maher continued, sparking cheers from his audience.

The HBO host shamed the "59% of liberals" who said in a poll they considered leaving America for good, telling them "You want so badly for every immigrant to come to this country and experience the good life but somehow it's so terrible you want to leave?"  He also bashed the conservative movement in Texas pushing for a secession, joking, "They have two bumper stickers in that state, ‘America: love it or leave it!’ and ‘We’re leaving it!'"

more
https://www.foxnews.com/media/bill-maher-rips-america-bashing-celebs-vowed-flee-country-under-trump-still-here
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
Maher...  and  Dershowitiz for that matter  are a few of the last liberals with any sense left.  Agree with his POV 0% of the time, but he at least has some substance behind his arguments.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.