Author Topic: Exclusive — Ron Johnson Says McConnell’s ‘Top Priority’ Was Ukraine Aid, Not Border Deal  (Read 210 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Exclusive — Ron Johnson Says McConnell’s ‘Top Priority’ Was Ukraine Aid, Not Border Deal

Kristina Wong 13 Feb 2024

Sen. Ron Johnson (R-WI), in an exclusive interview with Sirius XM Breitbart News Daily on Tuesday, slammed Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell (R-KY) for the recent border bill “debacle,” saying that the leader did not even put on the negotiating table a provision to tie Ukraine aid to border metrics and that his “top priority” was Ukraine aid, not securing the border.

“My suggestion was to tie funding specifically to border metrics…that [Biden] has to continue to get those numbers down as he gets, let’s say $5 billion dollars a month,” Johnson said.

“Unbeknownst to us, Leader McConnell told his chief negotiator, James Lankford, the border metrics threshold … that enforcement mechanism wasn’t even on the table,” he said.

Johnson said McConnell’s failure to tie Ukraine aid to border metrics “is why a lot of us are really speaking out against Leader McConnell, and his ham handed approach creating this debacle, quite honestly, for the American public in not extracting border security out of this Ukraine deal.”

Johnson said McConnell “just betrayed all of us and didn’t even put that on the table. ”

“Why not? Because top priority was getting funding for Ukraine,” he said.

more
https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2024/02/13/exclusive-ron-johnson-says-mcconnells-top-priority-was-ukraine-aid-not-border-deal/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
What is going to take to rid the party of the turdle?
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.