Author Topic: Meet 5 Democrats who have been floated as possible Biden replacements  (Read 1405 times)

Offline libertybele

...hmmm Obama -- who would've thought?   *****rollingeyes*****

Meet 5 Democrats who have been floated as possible Biden replacements

The scrutiny aimed at President Biden following the damaging report released last week by Special Counsel Robert Hur has breathed new life into the belief Democrats will ultimately replace him as the party's nominee ahead of the 2024 general election.

In building his argument for why no charges were recommended following an investigation into Biden's mishandling of classified documents, Hur detailed in part that Biden's defense of any potential charges could possibly be that, "Mr. Biden would likely present himself to a jury, as he did during our interview of him, as a sympathetic, well-meaning, elderly man with a poor memory."

The report cited examples when investigators said the president's memory lapsed, including over when his older son Beau had died, and caused a heightened level of concern among Democrats who previously backed the president despite Republican attacks on his ability to serve.

Here are five of the top names being mentioned as potential replacements for Biden should he decide — or is pressured — not to run for a second term:

1. California Gov. Gavin Newsom
2. Vice President Kamala Harris
3. Former First Lady Michelle Obama
4. Michigan Gov. Gretchen Whitmer
5. Kentucky Gov. Andy Beshear

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/meet-5-democrats-floated-possible-biden-replacements
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline libertybele

Re: Meet 5 Democrats who have been floated as possible Biden replacements
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2024, 07:55:06 pm »
I'm surprised that Susan Rice isn't among those being floated.

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2024, 08:15:55 pm »
Beshear would likely be the most dangerous in the general election.  Whitmer has gender going for her but isn't nearly as sharp or as good a speaker.

Offline cato potatoe

« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2024, 08:16:41 pm »
Mooch would be the weakest of the five.  Repulsive personality --- much worse than Harris.  Her husband was humiliated in 2016 and then proven a total moron with the Ukraine invasions.

Offline LMAO

« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2024, 08:24:50 pm »
Beshear would likely be the most dangerous in the general election.  Whitmer has gender going for her but isn't nearly as sharp or as good a speaker.

He’s also a popular Democrat governor of a red state who handily won reelection over a MAGA endorsed challenger

But why would anyone who has a desire to run for president want to enter the 2024 under those circumstances? If Biden decides to step aside, and I see no indication of that happening, what makes anyone think Kamala will just go along with being replaced?
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2024, 11:13:43 pm »
LMAO speculates:
"If biden decides to step aside, and I see no indication of that happening, what makes anyone think kamala will just go along with being replaced?"

There will be absolutely nothing she can do.

The moment that ol' white joe bows out of the race, kamala (sutra)'s candidacy vaporizes and goes "poof". The "biden/harris" ticket will disappear into thin air, her chariot to the presidency will be transformed into a pumpkin.

At that point, she can still pursue the presidency, but she will have to compete before [the now uncommitted] delegates who probably won't want much of anything to do with her.

Let her scream "racism and misogyny" all wrapped up in a big bacon weiner for her to bite upon. No one will be listening.

They will want someone who at least will have a chance to become a winner.
Not her.

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #6 on: February 13, 2024, 11:31:24 pm »
I'm surprised that Susan Rice isn't among those being floated.

Susan Rice is already acting President.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #7 on: February 13, 2024, 11:39:12 pm »
Susan Rice is already acting President.

Just what I have read, but I understand she has the personality of a potted plant.  A strict behind the scenes, pull the strings kinda pol. 

I still got my money on the Wookie.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #8 on: February 13, 2024, 11:42:00 pm »
Mooch would be the weakest of the five.  Repulsive personality --- much worse than Harris.  Her husband was humiliated in 2016 and then proven a total moron with the Ukraine invasions.

Agree 100%, but with the former punk POTUS by her side, and promising to the duped that it will be a 3rd Obama term?

I think this becomes the biggest threat to Trump.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #9 on: February 13, 2024, 11:59:30 pm »
They'll give it to RFK Jr. before they pick anyone on that list.  But my money would be on Biden.  He already gives them everything they could possibly want and more.  And with the current apparatus in place, the Dem candidate is guaranteed a win.  Why upset the lemon cart?
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Offline rustynail

« Reply #10 on: February 14, 2024, 12:03:01 am »
"There will be absolutely nothing she can do."

She has a proven skill for advancement.

Offline catfish1957

• Political Researcher
« Reply #11 on: February 14, 2024, 12:14:47 am »
They'll give it to RFK Jr. before they pick anyone on that list.  But my money would be on Biden.  He already gives them everything they could possibly want and more.  And with the current apparatus in place, the Dem candidate is guaranteed a win.  Why upset the lemon cart?

That would be coventional thought, but even the diehard dims can extrapolalate the trend of Biden's decline.

My wife and I both were caretakers for her dementia striken parents for 10 years each.  If you put a data point from when Biden started in 2021 to now, its our opinion he is probably not far from a year away from losing cognizance. 18 months if he is lucky.

Offline catfish1957

• Political Researcher
« Reply #12 on: February 14, 2024, 12:20:41 am »
Trump won't be able to beat any of them.

Especially if he keeps firmly inserting his foot in his mouth.  I keep waiting for sanity to seem into his campaign, but it might be a lost cause..

Offline libertybele

« Reply #13 on: February 14, 2024, 12:24:49 am »
That would be coventional thought, but even the diehard dims can extrapolalate the trend of Biden's decline.

My wife and I both were caretakers for her dementia striken parents for 10 years each.  If you put a data point from when Biden started in 2021 to now, its our opinion he is probably not far from a year away from losing cognizance. 18 months if he is lucky.

God bless you both.  Taking care of a dementia patient isn't easy and energy draining.  10 years is a very long time.
« Last Edit: February 14, 2024, 12:26:21 am by libertybele »

Offline LMAO

« Reply #14 on: February 14, 2024, 12:25:53 am »
IF Biden agrees to step down, and the Democrats find a way to get past their Kamala problem, they will look for someone who has expressed some interest in running or at least be receptive to the idea, has governing experience, has experience with campaigning, and winning campaigns. The identity politics game isn’t going to cut it. This is a party currently in chaos and they know Biden’s mind isn’t getting better and Harris is a train wreck. The head honchos at DNC headquarters are not stupid.

Whitmer  or Beshear would be the likely choice should they choose. Whitmer has won elections and turned Michigan Blue and Beshear is a popular governor in a red state and has won elections

« Last Edit: February 14, 2024, 12:30:17 am by LMAO »
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

Offline libertybele

« Reply #15 on: February 14, 2024, 12:27:59 am »
LMAO speculates:
"If biden decides to step aside, and I see no indication of that happening, what makes anyone think kamala will just go along with being replaced?"

There will be absolutely nothing she can do.

The moment that ol' white joe bows out of the race, kamala (sutra)'s candidacy vaporizes and goes "poof". The "biden/harris" ticket will disappear into thin air, her chariot to the presidency will be transformed into a pumpkin.

At that point, she can still pursue the presidency, but she will have to compete before [the now uncommitted] delegates who probably won't want much of anything to do with her.

Let her scream "racism and misogyny" all wrapped up in a big bacon weiner for her to bite upon. No one will be listening.

They will want someone who at least will have a chance to become a winner.
Not her.

Agreed. Kamala will have some opposition. Let's face it she's done nothing to encourage anyone to vote for her.  She's very unpopular.

Offline LMAO

« Reply #16 on: February 14, 2024, 12:29:16 am »
Especially if he keeps firmly inserting his foot in his mouth.  I keep waiting for sanity to seem into his campaign, but it might be a lost cause..

Not only will things get worse with Biden’s dementia in the coming months, but Trump’s Foot and Mouth disease will also get worse

Barry Goldwater

Offline libertybele

« Reply #17 on: February 14, 2024, 12:29:52 am »
Agree 100%, but with the former punk POTUS by her side, and promising to the duped that it will be a 3rd Obama term?

I think this becomes the biggest threat to Trump.

:yowsa:

Offline libertybele

« Reply #18 on: February 14, 2024, 12:32:46 am »
I'm not familiar with Beshear, but I think Trump (if it is a fair election) could win against Kamel and Gretchen. 

Offline LMAO

« Reply #19 on: February 14, 2024, 12:33:00 am »

But Whitmer has turned Michigan Blue

That’s valuable to the Democrat Party

Barry Goldwater

Offline LMAO

« Reply #20 on: February 14, 2024, 12:35:32 am »
I'm not familiar with Beshear, but I think Trump (if it is a fair election) could win against Kamel and Gretchen.

Whitmer defeated a Trump endorsed candidate in the 2022 Michigan gubernatorial race

Beshear defeated a Trump endorsed candidate in the 2023 Kentucky gubernatorial race

Barry Goldwater

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
« Reply #21 on: February 14, 2024, 12:56:43 am »
The difference is that Michigan has been blue for a long time, and Kentucky has been red.  Much more impressive for a Democrat to win in Kentucky than in Michigan.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #22 on: February 14, 2024, 12:59:56 am »
Nope,sorry,can't do it.

I don't associate with  trash.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #23 on: February 14, 2024, 01:01:38 am »
Mooch would be the weakest of the five.  Repulsive personality --- much worse than Harris. Her husband was humiliated in 2016 and then proven a total moron with the Ukraine invasions.

@cato potatoe

Spent much time trying to convince a leftist that is true?
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline LMAO

« Reply #24 on: February 14, 2024, 01:05:52 am »
The difference is that Michigan has been blue for a long time, and Kentucky has been red.  Much more impressive for a Democrat to win in Kentucky than in Michigan.

Michigan had a Republican governor before Whitmer and Republicans had the majority in the Michigan HOR in 2020

Barry Goldwater