Author Topic: ERO Baltimore arrests Guatemalan noncitizen convicted of human trafficking, prostitution offenses in  (Read 138 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
FEBRUARY 12, 2024BALTIMORE, MDENFORCEMENT AND REMOVAL
ERO Baltimore arrests Guatemalan noncitizen convicted of human trafficking, prostitution offenses in Maryland
Local jurisdiction ignored ICE detainer and released the noncitizen
BALTIMORE — Enforcement and Removal Operations (ERO) Baltimore arrested an unlawfully present Guatemalan noncitizen who was convicted in 2018 of prostitution and human trafficking charges in Prince George’s County. Deportation officers with ERO Baltimore’s Fugitive Operations Team apprehended the 39-year-old noncitizen on Jan. 26 during a traffic stop in Hyattsville.

“This Guatemalan noncitizen has made a habit out of breaking our laws and victimizing our residents,” said ERO Baltimore Field Office Director Darius Reeves. “Through his actions, he has forfeited his right to enjoy the freedoms that this great nation provides its people. ERO Baltimore will continue to apprehend and remove the most egregious noncitizens whose actions violate our Maryland laws and our national immigration laws.”

The Guatemalan national unlawfully entered the United States on an unknown date at an unknown location without being admitted, inspected or paroled by a U.S. immigration official.

Authorities in San Bernardino, California, arrested the Guatemalan noncitizen in July 2008 for presenting a false ID to a peace officer. The state of California granted the noncitizen arrest relief for this charge in July 2022.

https://www.ice.gov/news/releases/ero-baltimore-arrests-guatemalan-noncitizen-convicted-human-trafficking-prostitution
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson