Author Topic: Border Crisis is Killing American Cities and Suburbs  (Read 320 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Border Crisis is Killing American Cities and Suburbs
« on: February 13, 2024, 05:07:01 pm »
Border Crisis is Killing American Cities and Suburbs

February 11, 2024

FAIR Take | February 2024

The border crisis is impacting the entire U.S., but its effects are most visible and shocking in large cities and the suburbs around them.

Cities appeal to illegal aliens for a variety of reasons. They typically offer higher wages than smaller towns and rural areas, and most illegal aliens are motivated by the prospect of economic gain. However, another primary reason is the ‘sanctuary’ policies of many of the largest cities, which promise a no-questions-asked environment for illegal aliens. These cities also frequently offer access to benefits, such as housing, health care, and legal services regardless of immigration status. This is all very well and good for illegal aliens, but the Americans who call these cities home are suffering the consequences.

Americans have had their community centers and sports facilities commandeered to provide housing for migrants. In Roxbury, Massachusetts, a community center in a predominantly African-American neighborhood was commandeered by state authorities and used to house illegal immigrants. The local community was not consulted and given less than 48 hours’ notice that migrants would take over the community facility. While locals were assured this was a ‘temporary’ measure, it shows where the priorities of the city authorities lay. This is not the first time African-American neighborhoods have seen their community centers taken away, like in October 2023 when Chicago city authorities brought in 10 buses full of illegal aliens to house them in a community center. In Denver, Colorado, the sheer scale of illegal alien arrivals caused the Mayor of Denver to declare a “state of emergency” because of the pressure being placed on city resources.
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Re: Border Crisis is Killing American Cities and Suburbs
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2024, 02:49:06 pm »

Get All Breitbart News Here
Boston Families Furious as City Kicks Black Children Out of Community Center to House Biden’s Migrants

Boston, MA - January 31: A worker walks through the over 300 Army cots on the gym floor asJohn Tlumacki/The Boston Globe via Getty Images
WARNER TODD HUSTON19 Feb 20241,455
3:14
Local families in the predominantly black Roxbury neighborhood of Boston are furious after the city shut down the local community center to instead use it to house more of President Joe Biden’s illegal border crossers.

Roxbury’s Melnea A. Cass Recreational Community Center, which was once a meeting place for Little League ball players, volleyball games, and other sports and community events, has now been dedicated to rows of cots for illegal border crossers, CBS, WBZ-TV Boston reported.

WBZ interviewed pre-teen Jeremiah Rodriguez who showed up at the community center on Feb. 17 under the mistaken impression that his community baseball team was using the facility for batting practice. He was devastated to find out his community center was now closed to him.

https://www.breitbart.com/immigration/2024/02/19/boston-families-furious-kicks-black-children-out-community-center/
« Last Edit: February 20, 2024, 02:50:16 pm by rangerrebew »
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline DefiantMassRINO

Re: Border Crisis is Killing American Cities and Suburbs
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2024, 03:37:49 pm »
It's killing Massachusetts at least to the tune of $1Billion in Fiscal Year 2025 (starting July 1st).

Federal Open Border policy is bankrupting municipalities and states.

My cynical thinking is that the Biden Admin is keeping the cost of its Open Borders hidden from the Federal Budget by foisting the costs on to local and state budgets.

Keep sending those buses of migrants up North.  Better to bankrupt Massachusetts than Texas, Arizona, New Mexico, and Florida.
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.