Author Topic: Super Bowl LVIII becomes most-watched telecast in American history  (Read 922 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Super Bowl LVIII makes history as most-watched American telecast ever
headshot

Sara Fischer

CBS' broadcast of Super Bowl LVIII on Sunday was the most-watched television event in U.S. history, according to preliminary Nielsen figures — with 123.4 million viewers across CBS, Univision and streaming platforms.

Why it matters: A nail-biter ending in overtime, combined with celebrity sightings and a history-making consecutive win by the Kansas City Chiefs, drove the NFL to make television history at a time when few events are still able to pull large swaths of Americans together.

more
https://www.axios.com/2024/02/13/super-bowl-2024-ratings-record-most-watched-telecast
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Sighlass

• Didn't vote for McCain Dole Romney Trump !
Re: Super Bowl LVIII becomes most-watched telecast in American history
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2024, 02:30:46 pm »
I didn't even know the game was being played until some comments here a few days after it occurred. That is how much I care for the NFL.
Exodus 18:21 Furthermore, you shall select out of all the people able men who fear God, men of truth, those who hate dishonest gain; and you shall place these over them as leaders over ....

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2024, 02:33:59 pm »
I didn't even know the game was being played until some comments here a few days after it occurred. That is how much I care for the NFL.

I just found out this morning who won by accident.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Sighlass

« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2024, 03:36:23 pm »
I keep seeing "Mr. Beast" commercials on my streaming platforms. He averages about this per video now on YouTube and his stuff is honestly juvenile crapola. So Mr. Beast gets over 100-110 million views per video compared to this one time 120 million.

The stupid, it hurts.
« Last Edit: February 13, 2024, 03:38:52 pm by Sighlass »
Exodus 18:21 Furthermore, you shall select out of all the people able men who fear God, men of truth, those who hate dishonest gain; and you shall place these over them as leaders over ....

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2024, 05:24:02 pm »
My daughter and her husband had a Stuperbowl party and the only reason we went was because it was her birthday :shrug: I have never been much of a sports fan unless it was my daughter playing fastpitch or now my grandson playing baseball. I just can't get excited about it, but that's just me as for others I say knock yourself out....which is something else I don't understand, people beating the hell out of or killing someone over a team or game **nononono*

Offline Sighlass

« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2024, 05:53:48 pm »
My daughter and her husband had a Stuperbowl party and the only reason we went was because it was her birthday :shrug: I have never been much of a sports fan unless it was my daughter playing fastpitch or now my grandson playing baseball. I just can't get excited about it, but that's just me as for others I say knock yourself out....which is something else I don't understand, people beating the hell out of or killing someone over a team or game **nononono*

Understand... it gets stupid around here come "Iron Bowl" time... Auburn vs Alabama, some take it way too far.

Offline rustynail

« Reply #6 on: February 13, 2024, 06:18:43 pm »
Kevin Harlan's radio call was better.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #7 on: February 13, 2024, 07:06:44 pm »
Didn't watch the game.  Football has never been my thing.  It was reported who won and find it disgusting that it was also reported that  a 'Black National Anthem' was played.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline goatprairie

« Reply #8 on: February 14, 2024, 01:23:16 am »
Ditto. Although I sure am sorry I missed the fabulous halftime show which featured numerous musicians ...excuse....recording artists I've never heard of.  Listening to a clip on the national news after the game made me sad.
I missed my opportunity to record awful music and make millions.