Author Topic: Apple of their eye: Red dominoes could start to fall with Santos special election  (Read 2356 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Apple of their eye: Red dominoes could start to fall with Santos special election
By
Jack Birle
February 13, 2024 6:00 am

Voters in the Empire State are heading to the polls to select a successor to disgraced former GOP Rep. George Santos in what could be the first of a string of Republican losses in New York this year.

With several of the New York Republicans elected in 2022 already working to defend swing districts, a new congressional map for November looks poised to cause more havoc after Tuesday’s special election between former Democratic Rep. Tom Suozzi and Republican Mazi Pilip.

Here is a look at the two people vying for Santos’s former seat in New York’s 3rd Congressional District and the New York Republicans most at risk of losing their seats in November.

more
https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/campaigns/2845574/apple-eye-red-dominoes-start-fall-santos-special-election/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
Good.  We'll get rid of all those lousy NY RINO's!

Online DefiantMassRINO

Those NY RINO's help GOP keep majority and Speakership.

Those NY RINO's are all that keeps a Dem White House, a Dem Senate, and a Dem House from running roughshod over the silent majority circa 2009-2011.
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

Those NY RINO's help GOP keep majority and Speakership.

Those NY RINO's are all that keeps a Dem White House, a Dem Senate, and a Dem House from running roughshod over the silent majority circa 2009-2011.

Well, sure.  But they're RINO's, so they're horrible.  Or so I've been told.

Offline cato potatoe

Who needs a majority?  The trump party would rather nominate the most toxic characters, and then spend the next four years flying a F*** JOE BIDEN flag ... usually from the back of a pickup, so everybody can see.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Well, sure.  But they're RINO's, so they're horrible.  Or so I've been told.

They are only a problem when we rely on their votes, then they let us down every time (John McStain, for example).  Your call if that is a bad thing.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

They are only a problem when we rely on their votes, then they let us down every time (John McStain, for example).  Your call if that is a bad thing.

The thing is that they don't let us down "every time".  Just sometimes.  They held firm on the Supreme Court, for example.    And McCain's problem was that he was an a-hole, not that he was a RINO.  I'd rather have a RINO than a Democrat. There are times they'll vote with the Democrats, but they'll still vote with the Republicans more than will any Democrat.
« Last Edit: February 13, 2024, 06:30:54 pm by Maj. Bill Martin »

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
The stoopid party is about to lose the House if the Repub doesn't win...I hope they come out to vote in the blizzard..
Support the USO

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

The stoopid party is about to lose the House if the Repub doesn't win...I hope they come out to vote in the blizzard..

Again, Matt Rosendale is going to be dancing in the streets if the margin shrinks further!

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
The thing is that they don't let us down "every time".  Just sometimes.  They held firm on the Supreme Court, for example.    And McCain's problem was that he was an a-hole, not that he was a RINO.  I'd rather have a RINO than a Democrat. There are times they'll vote with the Democrats, but they'll still vote with the Republicans more than will any Democrat.

GOP Bills they vote for also have Dems voting for it so their votes did not much matter.  It's those bills with 100% Rat support that really do us in when the RINOs flip.  McStain was indeed an azzhole, but he voted a few times that screwed over the GOP as well, and he was proud of that.  He also screwed up local GOP politics here in AZ and it has not even tried to recover from that.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline LMAO

Who needs a majority?  The trump party would rather nominate the most toxic characters, and then spend the next four years flying a F*** JOE BIDEN flag ... usually from the back of a pickup, so everybody can see.

Or chanting it at games and patting themselves on the back for showing how rebellious they are
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
The snowstorm -- and who braves it to vote -- will likely determine this election.
Snow stopped around noontime, roads got cleared well enough within a couple of hours afterward...

Offline LMAO

Anybody have any doubts which way this election is going to go
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

Offline cato potatoe

Suozzi(D) has a 61-39 lead with 15% reporting.  In comparison to 2020 results by county, I'd say the democrat is heavily favored. 

The dems outspent the republicans on advertising $14M to $8M.  It only gets worse from here.
« Last Edit: February 14, 2024, 02:59:47 am by cato potatoe »

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Suozzi(D) has a 61-39 lead with 15% reporting.  In comparison to 2020 results by county, I'd say the democrat is heavily favored. 

The dems outspent the republicans on advertising $14M to $8M.  It only gets worse from here.

Thanks to the Repubs in the House....stupid!
Support the USO

Offline LMAO

Yup

The DNC is sitting on a massive war chest

Barry Goldwater

Offline Hoodat

Yup

Thanks to the Inflation Reduction [sic] Act.  And every other spending bill that Biden pushed through.  Republicans are stupid.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Offline ScottinVA

RCP has called it for Suozzi.  Apparently NYers aren’t that upset with the migrant invasion.

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/
« Last Edit: February 14, 2024, 03:38:09 am by ScottinVA »

Offline cato potatoe

Yup

The polls showed a competitive race.  I suspect the national polls are a mirage also.  Trump has bankrupted the GOP -- his party will be totally outclassed by the democrat advertising and ground game.

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
RCP has called it for Suozzi.  Apparently NYers aren’t that upset with the migrant invasion.

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/

Since they don't seem to mind, let's establish an express lane to the entire Noth East United States  Better there than here in Texas.  :cool:
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline roamer_1

The thing is that they don't let us down "every time".  Just sometimes. 

Yeah... can't count on em in the pinch.

They held firm on the Supreme Court, for example.    And McCain's problem was that he was an a-hole, not that he was a RINO.  I'd rather have a RINO than a Democrat. There are times they'll vote with the Democrats, but they'll still vote with the Republicans more than will any Democrat.

Only when it doesn't matter. And I'm with Rosendale.

Your party is a eunuch in service to the Democrats in all but name. I'd much rather take the loss and rebuild an orthodox party that may be smaller, but will fight like hell.

Liberalism is not winning on merit, It has no merit.
It is winning because it has no opposition.

Offline LMAO

Thanks to the Inflation Reduction [sic] Act.  And every other spending bill that Biden pushed through.  Republicans are stupid.

And how much of that money that they have is still from all that Covid spending in 2020?

Conservatives are a lonely, but correct voice. We tried warning were all this Covid and other spending was going to lead to, but it fell on deaf ears. There were even some here that said we had to spend all that money. Otherwise, the Democrats would’ve been mad.

Maybe they’ll wake up after Biden  wins this November

Barry Goldwater

Offline LMAO

The polls showed a competitive race.  I suspect the national polls are a mirage also.  Trump has bankrupted the GOP -- his party will be totally outclassed by the democrat advertising and ground game.

Well, he’s done the same with many of his businesses so I suppose he bankrupting the GOP is fitting

Barry Goldwater

Offline cato potatoe

Yeah... can't count on em in the pinch.

Only when it doesn't matter. And I'm with Rosendale.

Your party is a eunuch in service to the Democrats in all but name. I'd much rather take the loss and rebuild an orthodox party that may be smaller, but will fight like hell.

Liberalism is not winning on merit, It has no merit.
It is winning because it has no opposition.

From a practical standpoint, I think we have to take whatever help the northeastern republicans will give us.  Their presence is required as a buffer to total domination.  Under our system a simple democrat majority can eliminate the filibuster, add states, expand the court ... and then we may have citizenship, but zero influence over how the country is governed.

Offline LMAO

The Republicans are on track to lose their slim majority in the House

They might get lucky in the Senate and take that by a slim margin. That’ll be the only opposition to Biden second term.

Barry Goldwater