Author Topic: Annual inflation falls to 3.1 percent  (Read 506 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Annual inflation falls to 3.1 percent
« on: February 13, 2024, 02:15:18 pm »
Annual inflation falls to 3.1 percent
by Sylvan Lane - 02/13/24 8:36 AM ET

Consumer prices rose 3.1 percent over the past year and 0.3 percent in January, according to data released Tuesday by the Labor Department.

The annual inflation rate fell from 3.4 percent in December while monthly price growth accelerated slightly from a 0.2-percent rate last month.

Economists expected the annual inflation rate to fall to 2.9 percent and monthly inflation to come in around 0.2 percent, according to consensus estimates.

The January inflation decline is the latest sign of the U.S. economy holding up better than many experts expected with just nine months until the November elections.

President Biden is attempting to convince voters he is better suited to handle the economy after guiding the U.S. through a recordbreaking rebound from the COVID-19 pandemic. Job growth has remained strong throughout Biden’s presidency and inflation has fallen sharply after peaking at annual rate of 9.1 percent in June 2022.

Even so, Biden still remains locked in a tight race with former President Trump and lags his predecessor in polling on his economic record. Trump beat by Biden by 11 points when voters were asked who is better at handling the economy in a Financial Times poll released Monday.

Developing

https://thehill.com/business/4464829-annual-inflation-falls-to-3-1-percent/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline DefiantMassRINO

Re: Annual inflation falls to 3.1 percent
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2024, 04:14:46 pm »
Fed can't afford to raise interest rates ... cost of servicing Federal Debt and decreased bond values causing bank losses and insolvency.

dollar denominated 5 year gold trend still looks inflationary

« Last Edit: February 13, 2024, 04:19:12 pm by DefiantMassRINO »
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.

Offline rustynail

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2024, 04:32:55 pm »
Come on baby raise those interest rates again...daddy needs a new CD.   happy77

I like the way you think.   :beer:
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Online Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2024, 04:35:06 pm »
Which means prices are still up... bad news for Biden. People's rents/mortgages have doubled/tripled over the past few years. People aren't stupid.

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2024, 04:39:15 pm »
Which means prices are still up... bad news for Biden. People's rents/mortgages have doubled/tripled over the past few years. People aren't stupid.

I completed my very metiuclous budget earlier this month, and 2024 vs, 2023 was up a tad over 9%.  And this pretty much covers most of planned and expected expenditures down to the dollar.

Anyone thinking the CPI is anywhere near 3% in the past 3+ years is a fool.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.