Author Topic: What’s Behind Lake Mead’s Decline? It’s Not Climate Change  (Read 204 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
What’s Behind Lake Mead’s Decline? It’s Not Climate Change
« on: February 13, 2024, 12:14:32 pm »
WRITTEN BY H. STERLING BURNETT ON FEB 12, 2024. POSTED IN LATEST NEWS

What’s Behind Lake Mead’s Decline? It’s Not Climate Change

With an atmospheric river dumping trillions of gallons of precipitation on California and other western states, some news outlets have asked how the precipitation might affect Lake Mead, suggesting that rainfall will do little for the lake or the Colorado River basin that feeds it because it’s drying out due to climate change.

Indeed, although the current storm will likely do little to reverse Lake Mead’s decline in the long term, the reason for its decline is not climate change, but instead, overuse and poor management of the reservoir. [emphasis, links added]

Numerous mainstream media outlets ran stories in recent days remarking on the fact that the recent atmospheric river event is dumping more water in a few days than Lake Mead, America’s largest reservoir by volume, can hold at full capacity.

https://climatechangedispatch.com/whats-behind-lake-meads-decline-its-not-climate-change/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson