Author Topic: New looming EV disaster begins to emerge  (Read 1719 times)

Online Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
New looming EV disaster begins to emerge
« on: February 13, 2024, 01:11:07 am »
WND 2/12/2024

'Will only increase the probability of failure'

If all of the existing headaches for those pushing expensive electric vehicles on resisting American consumers could vanish, there's still a big one that may have no ready solution.

Already, it appears the U.S. could end up dependent on unfriendly nations for materials for all those batteries. Then there's the fact that the nation's grid simply can't support all that recharging – California already has been sending out advisories for owners not to charge. And then there's the limited range, extended recharging times, both worsened by bad weather.

But now a report in the Washington Times explains that those batteries are heavy, and EVs can weight up to 50% more than internal combustion motor vehicles.

And that weight damages roads, bridges and parking garages, with those vehicles easily plowing through safety guardrails while posing a higher danger to other drivers, pedestrians and bicyclists traveling the same routes.

"The problems associated with EVs are poised to grow as more consumers purchase the cars under the Biden administration’s plan to eliminate gas-powered vehicles and the tailpipe emissions that come with them," the report explained.

It explained engineers writing recently for Structure Magazine suggested construction companies, and building codes, need to make accommodation for the higher weight.

Parking garages, they said, should be redesigned to hold more weight.

More: https://www.wnd.com/2024/02/new-looming-ev-disaster-begins-emerge/

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
Re: New looming EV disaster begins to emerge
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2024, 01:29:46 am »
Is there anything about most EVs that isn't a dog?
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2024, 01:33:56 am »
Is there anything about most EVs that isn't a dog?

Yes! They have tons of torque but otherwise worthless. (Don't race one from redlight to redlight)
« Last Edit: February 13, 2024, 01:37:28 am by Bigun »
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2024, 02:44:59 am »
Can't wait to see this giant NY Times headline:

CONSERVATIVES WERE RIGHT ALL ALONG
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Online roamer_1

« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2024, 03:06:53 am »
Can't wait to see this giant NY Times headline:

CONSERVATIVES WERE RIGHT ALL ALONG

Yeah... Don't hold your breath...  *****rollingeyes*****