Author Topic: House Republicans demand transcript of Biden’s interview with special counsel as part of impeachment  (Read 562 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
House Republicans demand transcript of Biden’s interview with special counsel as part of impeachment inquiry
Special Counsel Hur described Biden as a 'well-meaning elderly man with a poor memory' after his interview
By Brooke Singman Fox News
Published February 12, 2024 5:15pm EST

FIRST ON FOX: House Republicans leading the impeachment inquiry against President Biden are demanding the Justice Department turn over the transcript and any recordings of Biden’s interview with Special Counsel Robert Hur in his investigation into Biden's mishandling of classified documents.

Hur, who released his report to the public last week after months of investigating, did not recommend criminal charges against Biden for mishandling and retaining classified documents and stated that he wouldn't bring charges against Biden even if he were not in the Oval Office.

Those records included classified documents about military and foreign policy in Afghanistan and other countries, among other records related to national security and foreign policy, which Hur said implicated "sensitive intelligence sources and methods."

Hur did not recommend any charges against the president but did describe him as a "well-meaning elderly man with a poor memory" — a description that has raised significant concerns for his 2024 reelection campaign.

On Monday, House Oversight Committee Chair James Comer, House Judiciary Committee Chair Jim Jordan and House Ways & Means Committee Chair Jason Smith penned a letter to Attorney General Merrick Garland to request that he turn over the transcript and any recordings of Biden's October 2023 interview with Hur and the special counsel team. The three committee leaders are leading the impeachment inquiry against Biden.

more
https://www.foxnews.com/politics/house-republicans-demand-transcript-bidens-interview-special-counsel-part-impeachment-inquiry
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline mountaineer

Square profile picture
Oversight Committee
@GOPoversight
🚨BREAKING🚨

We are giving the Justice Department until February 19 at 5p to produce the transcript of President Biden’s interview with Special Counsel Robert Hur and other documents included in the report that relate to our impeachment inquiry. ...

https://twitter.com/GOPoversight/status/1757166543777964417
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline mountaineer

Jesse Watters: Biden’s DOJ has a five hour tape that would end Biden’s re-election campaign. That tape's now being leveraged over the president and can be used against him at any time. Not only is he compromised by the Chinese- he’s now subject to blackmail by his own administration.

https://twitter.com/JesseBWatters/status/1757574033158164709

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
Square profile picture
Oversight Committee
@GOPoversight
🚨BREAKING🚨

We are giving the Justice Department until February 19 at 5p to produce the transcript of President Biden’s interview with Special Counsel Robert Hur and other documents included in the report that relate to our impeachment inquiry. ...

https://twitter.com/GOPoversight/status/1757166543777964417
Did they add 'OR ELSE'? That would surely make them turn over the interview :silly: :silly:

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
Did they add 'OR ELSE'? That would surely make them turn over the interview :silly: :silly:

They fired the decisive "Sternly Worded" Letter.  So they don't have that in their quiver anymore.   
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
That tape has "accidentally" been burned to a cinder.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline mountaineer

That tape has "accidentally" been burned to a cinder.
Maybe Hillary bleached it and hit it with a ball peen hammer.

Offline DefiantMassRINO

... just looking to use Congressional power to gather more negative campaign ad fodder for Trump.
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.