Author Topic: The Republican Plot Against Donald Trump..J.D. Vance  (Read 841 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
The Republican Plot Against Donald Trump..J.D. Vance
« on: February 12, 2024, 04:18:51 pm »
The Republican Plot Against Donald Trump

The inside story of how Congress is pursuing endless war in Ukraine—and trying to stop a Trump election.

J.D. Vance
Feb 12, 2024 12:06 AM

This weekend, Senate Democrats (joined by a few Republicans, including most Republican leadership) forced through a “security supplemental” that spends close to $100 billion, most of it on Ukraine. It was the culmination of months of secretive negotiations on border security. Those negotiations produced a border security product unacceptable to most Republicans, so then Republicans voted it down, and then an hour later we were debating a security supplemental with border security stripped out.

The quick pivot, refusal to negotiate another round on border security, and immediate shift to blame Trump confirmed one thing: Republican leadership wasn’t serious about border security. They cared most about Ukraine funding and saw the border negotiations as a distraction. This extinguished any hope of real border security before the negotiation began.

The story our leadership tells is that the “politics of border security” had changed because of Donald Trump. James Lankford dutifully negotiated a bipartisan border product. Conservative Republicans encouraged this negotiation. When the product took shape, Donald Trump demanded conservatives walk. Trump argued that Joe Biden didn’t need a border security package—which was true—so Republicans should ask simply that Joe Biden do his job. This intervention allegedly killed a great piece of border policy.

This is a fairytale that makes conservative senators and Donald Trump look bad, perhaps by design. In truth, the demands conservative senators made at the beginning of the negotiation went like this: Joe Biden can fix this problem, but he refuses, so we must make him do his job. This posture came along specific demands from senators ranging from Ukraine aid supporters like Marco Rubio to Ukraine aid skeptics like me, and those in the middle like Ron Johnson. We argued that we could condition further Ukraine aid on decreased illegal border crossings. In other words, Congress would appropriate money to Ukraine in stages: if Biden refused to drive down border crossings, he wouldn’t get his money for Ukraine.

more
https://www.theamericanconservative.com/how-congress-is-pursuing-endless-war-in-ukraine-and-trying-to-stop-a-trump-election/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Support the USO

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Support the USO

Online mountaineer

Re: The Republican Plot Against Donald Trump..J.D. Vance
« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2024, 11:36:29 pm »
Tucker Carlson
Ep. 74  The Ukrainian government canceled elections and killed an American journalist. Congress is about send them another $60 billion. J.D. Vance is trying to stop it.

https://twitter.com/TuckerCarlson/status/1757159485162799334
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2024, 12:27:04 am »
J.D. Vance
@JDVance1
This new Ukraine bill tries to make it ILLEGAL for Trump to do what he is promising on the campaign trail.

It is a plot against the President Trump, plain and simple.

Support the USO

Offline bilo

« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2024, 01:09:01 am »
Are we ever going to have a govt that represents us?

I don't even know if Trump will be able to overcome the vote fraud in Nov., but what good will it be if he can't govern. At some point, people in conservative States have to make sure that their Senators pay a price for not representing them.
A stranger in a hostile foreign land I used to call home

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
« Reply #6 on: February 13, 2024, 04:49:32 am »
J.D. Vance
@JDVance1
This new Ukraine bill tries to make it ILLEGAL for Trump to do what he is promising on the campaign trail.

It is a plot against the President Trump, plain and simple.

As best as I can tell, this means there is an anti-sequestration provision built into the law.   I mean, that's perfectly legal if it were to pass, so the argument is that Trump shouldn't have to be bound by a perfectly valid law?  That his campaign promises override the Constitution??  That it is a "trap" if the law requires him to follow a law he doesn't like?

Reminds me of why I didn't vote for Vance.
« Last Edit: February 13, 2024, 04:55:57 am by Maj. Bill Martin »