Author Topic: Democratic congressman hits Super Bowl fans for not standing for 'Negro National Anthem'  (Read 919 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Democratic congressman hits Super Bowl fans for not standing for 'Negro National Anthem'
'Very very few stood for ‘Lift Every Voice and Sing... Not a pretty picture of Super Bowl crowd,' Tennessee Rep. Steve Cohen wrote on X
By David Rutz Fox News
Published February 12, 2024 7:43am EST

A Democratic congressman raised some eyebrows online Sunday when he took a shot at the Super Bowl crowd in Las Vegas, saying very few fans stood for the singing of "Lift Every Voice and Sing," calling it "not a very pretty picture."

Known colloquially as the "Black National Anthem," Grammy winner Andra Day performed the song as part of the pre-game festivities for Super Bowl LVIII between the Kansas City Chiefs and San Francisco 49ers.

"Very very few stood for ‘Lift Every Voice and Sing,’" Rep. Steve Cohen, D-Tenn. wrote on X. "The Negro National Anthem. Not a pretty picture of Super Bowl crowd." Cohen represents a majority-Black district in western Tennessee.

https://twitter.com/RepCohen/status/1756819590011564392

more
https://www.foxnews.com/media/democratic-congressman-hits-super-bowl-fans-not-standing-negro-national-anthem
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
PLEASE stop describing Democrats as democratic!

NOTHING could be further from the truth!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
Yep, separatist, unwilling to unify, and demanding the other 90% of population prostrate themselves to you like a slave does indeed look pretty darn ugly.
The Republic is lost.

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher

"Very very few stood for ‘Lift Every Voice and Sing,’" Rep. Steve Cohen, D-Tenn. wrote on X. "The Negro National Anthem. Not a pretty picture of Super Bowl crowd." Cohen represents a majority-Black district in western Tennessee.

Pandering POS.  dims are experts there.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Online DefiantMassRINO

I am not a citizen of Negro Nation.  It is not my nation nor my anthem.
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
There one anthem.  It ain't black and it ain't white.  Cut the racebaiting crap "Ira"  Please focus on that shithole you represent..... Memphis.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline the OlLine Rebel

Dang straight.  It’s divisive and polarizing.

Why not have a white anthem?  Maybe some yellow and red also?  How many songs have to preface the games?
Common sense is an uncommon virtue.

Offline SZonian

• Strike without warning
  • 415th Nightstalker
Would you rather they kneel?
Because that's what I'd have done were I there.
Turnabout is fair play.
Throwing our allegiances to political parties in the long run gave away our liberty.

Online libertybele

They can kiss my royal 'White' grits! There is only one national anthem and that is the "Star Spangled Banner". That song brings tears to my eyes now a days and means more to me than it ever has before.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
RINO huffs:
"I am not a citizen of Negro Nation.  It is not my nation nor my anthem"

And OILine Rebel posted further down:
"Why not have a white anthem?"

Heh. There IS one (on "Rebel" records, no less):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hYRkfwCEsXc

Offline goatprairie

You know who else it's not? Black Americans. They don't need a separate national anthem. As American citizens their national anthem is the same as every other American citizen. it's called "The Star Spangled Banner."