Author Topic: Do Leftists Now Believe Leftism Doesn’t Work? By Victor Davis Hanson  (Read 234 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Do Leftists Now Believe Leftism Doesn’t Work? › American Greatness
Victor Davis Hanson

It is hard to destroy a naturally beautiful city like San Francisco, with ideal weather and stunning infrastructure inherited from far better earlier generations.

Yet San Francisco continues its much-publicized and self-inflicted doom loop. The productive classes still flee the increasingly crime-ridden city and its self-induced pathologies. The city is eroding not because of the doomsayers and not because of what people say about San Francisco, but because of what San Franciscans have done to San Francisco.

In 2023, more than 40,000 crimes were reportedly committed in San Francisco. The great majority of the perpetrators were either not arrested or never jailed, indicted, or convicted.

Downtown office vacancy rates exceed 35 percent—and are climbing. Tourists have ostracized the city, given the thousands of homeless that occupy sidewalks and downtown. San Francisco claimed to be on the cutting-edge of the woke green movement, proud that it had enacted the most stringent environmental laws and regulations in the world—except when it came to defecation, injection, and urination on the sidewalks, doorways, and parks and during storms, when the toxic, effluviant human waste escapes sewage treatment and flows into the once-cherished bay.

more
https://amgreatness.com/2024/02/12/do-leftists-now-believe-leftism-doesnt-work/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline DefiantMassRINO

Re: Do Leftists Now Believe Leftism Doesn’t Work? By Victor Davis Hanson
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2024, 03:32:00 pm »
When Leftism doesn't work, Leftists will say that's because policy isn't Leftist enough.  The cure of failed Leftism is even more Leftism.
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.