Author Topic: Two US Members of Congress DENIED Access to Secretive Federally-Funded “Migrant Facility” for Oversi  (Read 271 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Two US Members of Congress DENIED Access to Secretive Federally-Funded “Migrant Facility” for Oversight of Taxpayer Spending
By Brian Lupo Feb. 10, 2024 2:20 pm1511 Comments

A room full of cots in the hotel O’Keefe reported on. Screenshot from O’Keefe Media Group video
Earlier this week, journalist James O’Keefe of O’Keefe Media Group visited a Ramada Inn by Wyndham converted to a migrant housing facility that is reportedly being run by the Casa Alitas program in Tucson, Arizona.

According to O’Keefe, buses were coming in with new migrants every 15 minutes, including during his “interrogation” by a Pima County Sheriff Deputy.  During the interaction, O’Keefe disclosed that he had an “undercover” inside the facility.  It was reported by O’Keefe that there was a makeshift room in the hotel with over 150 cots set up (photo).

The reporting by O’Keefe caught the attention of US Representative Tom Tiffany (WI-7), who sits on the House Judiciary and Natural Resources committees, as well as Doug LaMalfa (CA-1), who is on the Natural Resources Committee.

Reps. Tom Tiffany (left) and Doug LaMalfa (right) of the House Natural Resources Committee
During a trip to Arizona, Reps. Tiffany and LaMalfa decided to visit the very same facility O’Keefe had documented previously.  Upon arrival, Rep. Tiffany identified himself as a member of Congress on the Natural Resources Committee to an individual working at the hotel.  Rep. Tiffany said he wanted to “stop in and take a look at how this place is operating because we understand that you have a lot of migrants come through here,” but was denied access because “unfortunately, we’re not allowed to let anybody that’s not…employees or staff [in].”

https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2024/02/two-us-members-congress-denied-access-secretive-federally/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
I say time to up the ante and make the request a little more formal.
The Republic is lost.