Author Topic: GOP Senator Nails Why Kamala Harris Was Really Picked as Joe Biden's VP.. Matt Vespa  (Read 1644 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
GOP Senator Nails Why Kamala Harris Was Really Picked as Joe Biden's VP
Matt Vespa

This narrative has been floating around for years. For as long as Joe Biden has looked confused, misspoke, and showed signs of mental degeneration, there’s always been speculation regarding why Kamala Harris was picked as vice president. Sure, there’s the historical angle, but there’s always been a competing theory that it was to keep Joe safe from conniving Democrats at the national committee from replacing him.

If Joe goes, Kamala is in, which assures a Republican victory. With the release of the report about Joe Biden’s mishandling of classified information, where Special Counsel Robert Hur noted the president’s severe mental decline, some attention has been paid to Harris’ role in the administration. But it was Sen. Tom Cotton (R-AR) who decided to hurl the first grenade: Harris was picked as a 25th Amendment insurance policy:

https://twitter.com/mattdizwhitlock/status/1755699961121968331

more
https://townhall.com/tipsheet/mattvespa/2024/02/09/gop-senator-nails-why-kamala-harris-was-really-picked-as-joes-vp-n2635067
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline LMAO

I always shake my head and chuckle when posters believe they are going to replace Joe and Kamala before the convention. Sure, and martians are going to land in my back yard and hand me gold bars

If Joe steps down, she’s president. The Democrats have known for sometime that Biden is compromised and not just cognitively. But if he stepped down, they have a bigger problem with Harris

Any attempts to deny her what she craves will be challenged and met with charges of misogyny and racism. She’s so close to her right to be the first minority female president. Jesus himself couldn’t take that away without a fight
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
I always shake my head and chuckle when posters believe they are going to replace Joe and Kamala before the convention. Sure, and martians are going to land in my back yard and hand me gold bars

If Joe steps down, she’s president. The Democrats have known for sometime that Biden is compromised and not just cognitively. But if he stepped down, they have a bigger problem with Harris

Any attempts to deny her what she craves will be challenged and met with charges of misogyny and racism. She’s so close to her right to be the first minority female president. Jesus himself couldn’t take that away without a fight

Agree completely.  There is no secret society that can magically replace Harris.

The theory in the original post is interesting, but I think it ultimately isn't correct because nobody would have predicted Harris would remain this incompetent and clueless for this long.  Most people would have expected her to become capable of being at least a caretaker, temporary President at some point. 

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Nothing is going to happen, short of death, with either Biden or Harris until the Democrat convention takes place later this year. When that comes along all bets are off.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline corbe

I disagree with you all.  The DNC has such a thing as Super-Delegates that can override all the other delegates combined.  They will do as they dam well please, black vote be damned. Where are they gonna go, vote for Trump?
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
   I disagree with you all.  The DNC has such a thing as Super-Delegates that can override all the other delegates combined.  They will do as they dam well please, black vote be damned. Where are they gonna go, vote for Trump?

Yes @corbe but that all happens at their convention.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline LMAO

No

But black urban voters may not come out in the 90 plus percent numbers to vote for the Democrat
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

I disagree with you all.  The DNC has such a thing as Super-Delegates that can override all the other delegates combined.

No, they can't.  Under their own rules, there are only 739 super delegates versus 3933 pledged delegates, and the super delegates aren't even permitted to vote on the first ballot.  So even once they're permitted to vote, they're still massively out numbered.   There used to be more, and they used to be able to vote on the first ballot.  But that was changed after 2016.

https://ballotpedia.org/Democratic_delegate_rules,_2024

What that means is that Biden would have to withdraw voluntarily after winning the first ballot.  Don't see him doing that.
« Last Edit: February 11, 2024, 12:54:10 am by Maj. Bill Martin »

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...

Yep, President and full ability to campaign. Big Mike may, emphasize may, be able to make inroads against her, I don't think Newsome can.
The Republic is lost.

Offline PeteS in CA

If Kammie was at least partly 25th Amendment insurance - she also is a woman and identifies as black (1/64th? 1/128th? 1/256th?) - she has become a quagmire. If Joe is untenable, then who?

Kammie? Unpopular, but if rejected Race Cards will fly.

RFK Jr.? I don't think his brand of fruitcakery will sell.

Marianne Williamson? More fruitcakery.

Goobernor Noisome? I don't think he plays well outside of California Dem circles.

Mooch-chelle? I'm not sure she can hide her hatred for white people, and her hand full of Race Cards may play poorly.

Of course, my views plus a tenner will get you a 600-calorie coffee drink and change at Dutch Bros.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline corbe

No, they can't.  Under their own rules, there are only 739 super delegates versus 3933 pledged delegates, and the super delegates aren't even permitted to vote on the first ballot.  So even once they're permitted to vote, they're still massively out numbered.   There used to be more, and they used to be able to vote on the first ballot.  But that was changed after 2016.

https://ballotpedia.org/Democratic_delegate_rules,_2024

What that means is that Biden would have to withdraw voluntarily after winning the first ballot.  Don't see him doing that.

I was unaware of the rule changes in 2016.  Thanks for straightening me out @Maj. Bill Martin and @Bigun
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline DefiantMassRINO

My first thought was Kamala was window-dressing to draw more black voter turnout for the Dems.

If I am playing 3 dimensional chess, Kamala is a poison pill of a Vice President to keep the 25th Amendment off the table.

The RNC and DNC conventions are wild-cards.  If they can't be rigged, they'd be cancelled.  If they can be rigged, they'll be made-for-TV coronation ceremonies.  The last thing Trump or Biden wants is a challenge from the convention floor or for delegates to vote for someone else.

////00000////

To save American democracy, the party conventions need to be less democratic.  Stalin would approve
« Last Edit: February 11, 2024, 05:05:09 pm by DefiantMassRINO »
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

My first thought was Kamala was window-dressing to draw more black voter turnout for the Dems.

If I am playing 3 dimensional chess, Kamala is a poison pill of a Vice President to keep the 25th Amendment off the table.

The RNC and DNC conventions are wild-cards.  If they can't be rigged, they'd be cancelled.  If they can be rigged, they'll be made-for-TV coronation ceremonies.  The last thing Trump or Biden wants is a challenge from the convention floor or for delegates to vote for someone else.

////00000////

To save American democracy, the party conventions need to be less democratic.  Stalin would approve

They don't really have to be "rigged" at this point.  Both candidates will have enough delegates bound to them on the first ballot that they are guaranteed to win.

The truth is - at least in the GOP - voters had the opportunity to vote for someone else, and didn't.  I am kind of curious to see if those No Labels goobers put forth a candidate, though.  That could get interesting simply as a protest vote for a lot of people, even if that candidate is someone they dislike.
« Last Edit: February 11, 2024, 06:19:53 pm by Maj. Bill Martin »