Author Topic: America Last: 12 Senate Republicans Vote to Send Ukraine Another $60B After Vowing to Put U.S. Borde  (Read 4043 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
America Last: 12 Senate Republicans Vote to Send Ukraine Another $60B After Vowing to Put U.S. Border First

John Binder 9 Feb 2024

This week, 17 Senate Republicans joined Democrats to approve sending Ukraine another $60 billion. Twelve of those Republicans previously suggested they would not help send Ukraine any more American taxpayer money until the United States’s border was secure from illegal immigration.

On Thursday, Sens. Shelley Moore Capito (R-WV), Bill Cassidy (R-LA), Susan Collins (R-ME), John Cornyn (R-TX), Joni Ernst (R-IA), Chuck Grassley (R-IA), John Kennedy (R-LA), Mitch McConnell (R-KY), Jerry Moran (R-KS), Lisa Murkowski (R-AK), Mitt Romney (R-UT), Mike Rounds (R-SD), Dan Sullivan (R-AK), John Thune (R-SD), Thom Tillis (R-NC), Roger Wicker (R-MS), and Todd Young (R-IN) joined every Senate Democrat excluding Sen. Bernie Sanders (I-VT) to send billions more in taxpayer dollars to Ukraine.

The money, if approved by the House, will fund weapons and military training, among other things, for Ukraine in its war with Russia.

Twelve of those Republicans who voted for the Ukraine funding, coupled with $14.1 billion for Israel in its war with Hamas, previously suggested to the media that they would not support more funding for Ukraine until America’s own southern border was secure.”So in order for our national security interests to be served, we must have a four-prong approach here. Israel, the border, Ukraine, and Taiwan,” Capito said in December 2023, for example, while Cassidy said, “We got to support our allies, but we got to secure our own border first and the Biden administration has not done so” the same month.

Similarly, in December 2023, Ernst said ,”The issue is not Ukraine, and it’s not President Zelensky. It’s our own national security at our southern border” and Collins called reforms at the southern border an “absolutely essential part” of any funding package that includes more money for Ukraine.

more
https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2024/02/09/america-last-12-senate-republicans-vote-to-send-ukraine-another-60b-after-vowing-to-put-u-s-border-first/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline mountaineer

Henry Rodgers
@henryrodgersdc
NEW: J.D. Vance is distributing this memo to every Republican office on Capitol Hill: The Ukraine Supplemental Includes a Hidden Impeachment Clause Against President Trump
9:31 AM · Feb 12, 2024

https://twitter.com/henryrodgersdc/status/1757049880638341230
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
America Last: 12 Senate Republicans Vote to Send Ukraine Another $60B After Vowing to Put U.S. Border First

The usual RINO suspects, and until these scourges are purged from the GOP ranks, the nation will continue to circle the drain.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan

The usual RINO suspects, and until these scourges are purged from the GOP ranks, the nation will continue to circle the drain.

:amen:
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline HikerGuy83

• Still Trying

Yes, this is the usual battle cry when things don't go well for the puritans in the party.

You might want to reprint it in Spanish as the idiot senate decided that completely open borders is still a good thing.

Just wait until Arizona elects Ruben Gallego.  RINO's will look like the John Birch Society.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2024, 03:27:47 pm by HikerGuy83 »

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
I support more money for Ukraine.

But I didn't support that crappy border deal.

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion

C'mon man! You have to get on board....and do something :silly: Just because Brandon and company refuses to enforce all the laws already on the books is no reason to think he won't enforce a crappy new law! For criminy sake don't you remember that Bitchin deal we all fell for last time...the last amnesty ever? The deal that would end illegal immigration? You can't trust lying democrats to honor any deal and they have a proven a track record of dishonesty when it come to illegal immigration and American border security. So my response to democrats and RINOs and anyone else trying to force this border turd down our collective American throats is Of course YMMV.

Offline berdie

Agreed.

Online libertybele

No. No. No.  We've given Ukraine and Zelenskyy more than enough. How much $$ has been funneled off not only to members of our own gov't but Ukraine as well?

Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
No. No. No.  We've given Ukraine and Zelenskyy more than enough. How much $$ has been funneled off not only to members of our own gov't but Ukraine as well?

I would like to see what $60 billion more is supposed to accomplish that $100 billion couldn't.
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Online DefiantMassRINO

Close the Border.
Stop admitting asylum-seekers into US.
Free intake of new asylum applications until the current backlog is cleared.

When America's border is secure, THEN, we can concern ourselves with securing other nations' borders.

Taiwain, Israel, and Ukraine money only gets disbursed if specific, measurable goals are met.

Mayorkas being fired would be a cherry on the cake.

As long as Mayorkas is in charge of the Border, I have 0% trust in the Biden admin actually securing the Border.

#AmericansMatter
#MakeAmericaExceptionalAgain
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.

Offline berdie

Well, from what I have read we a are committed to supporting Ukraine after they de-nuked. They are also being invaded with a populace willing to fight this invasion. Is Zelensky dirty? I don't know.

As much as you and I want the Admin to fund border security...I'll be very surprised if it ever happens. They don't want a secure border in this country. So even if aid to Ukraine was stopped it won't go to the borders.

Online libertybele

Close the Border.
Stop admitting asylum-seekers into US.
Free intake of new asylum applications until the current backlog is cleared.

When America's border is secure, THEN, we can concern ourselves with securing other nations' borders.

Taiwain, Israel, and Ukraine money only gets disbursed if specific, measurable goals are met.

Mayorkas being fired would be a cherry on the cake.

As long as Mayorkas is in charge of the Border, I have 0% trust in the Biden admin actually securing the Border.

#AmericansMatter
#MakeAmericaExceptionalAgain

...and GOP Reps sold us down the river as far as getting Mayorkas terminated.

It's going to take a miracle for things to get straightened around.  Divine intervention is the only way I see it  Abbott and some other governors are trying to a degree to hold the line, but when our Congressmen continue to opt for open borders, it's disheartening and nearly impossible to reverse the open border policies.  Our northern borders are open as well.  We are witnessing a true invasion of our country. 
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline mountaineer

Disclose.tv
@disclosetv
JUST IN - U.S. Senate passes a $95 billion aid package for Ukraine, Israel, and Taiwan without border security provisions while most Americans are still asleep.
6:38 AM · Feb 13, 2024

Disclose.tv
@disclosetv
MORE - 22 Republicans joined Democrats, voting yes: McConnell, Thune, Boozman, Capito, Cassidy, Collins, Cornyn, Cramer, Crapo, Ernst, Grassley, Hoeven, Kennedy, Moran, Murkowski, Risch, Rounds, Sullivan, Tillis, Wicker, Young and Romney.
6:58 AM · Feb 13, 2024

Greg Price
@greg_price11
BREAKING: The senate just pulled an all nighter and officially passed their $95B foreign aid bill for Ukraine, Israel, and Taiwan with nothing for the southern border. The final vote was 70-29 with 22 Republicans voting yes.
McConnell, Thune, Boozman, Capito, Cassidy, Collins, Cornyn, Cramer, Crapo, Ernst, Grassley, Hoeven, Kennedy, Moran, Murkowski, Risch, Romney, Rounds, Sullivan, Tillis, Wicker and Young.
6:55 AM · Feb 13, 2024

« Last Edit: February 13, 2024, 01:22:58 pm by mountaineer »

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

I'm honestly not sure what people expected with a Democratic Senate majority. There is no way the Democrats were ever going to agree to a border bill that satisfies legitimate Republican concerns, or ever let something like HB2 come up for a vote.  They simply will not do it regardless of how much we try to tie other issues to it. Especially in an election year because their base would kill them.

So we should vote for or against those other issues, such is this particular spending package, based on their own merits. Trying to use it to pressure Democrats for border reform is simply not going to work.

Offline HikerGuy83

• Still Trying
I'm honestly not sure what people expected with a Democratic Senate majority. There is no way the Democrats were ever going to agree to a border bill that satisfies legitimate Republican concerns, or ever let something like HB2 come up for a vote.  They simply will not do it regardless of how much we try to tie other issues to it. Especially in an election year because their base would kill them.

So we should vote for or against those other issues, such is this particular spending package, based on their own merits. Trying to use it to pressure Democrats for border reform is simply not going to work.

I agree.

Why would the GOP enter into negotiations if there was no chance they would arrive at something they could agree to.

It's yet another PR nightmare.

My view of the deal was different than most (for transparency).

But I had to wonder why McConnell even bothered.  He encouraged and then voted against it.  I get that Schumer screwed him over by rushing it, but it looks bad on us and we can't afford to lose any more seats.

Arizona is probably going to replace Sinema with a whack job marxist and this only further helped him.

In the end, we insisted on tying the two together, but lost.  And there was no way they were not going to do something after the border deal fell through.  It would be fooling to think you could keep the two linked when the democrats could say "You had your chance."  This and the failed impeachment give rise to the narrative that the federal GOP is clown car (and frankly that seems to be true).
« Last Edit: February 13, 2024, 02:26:17 pm by HikerGuy83 »

Offline HikerGuy83

• Still Trying

What are we getting for our money. 

It seems we are to the point where we are saying.....34 trillion....what the hell does another 100 Billion mean ?

Offline HikerGuy83

• Still Trying
C'mon man! You have to get on board....and do something :silly: Just because Brandon and company refuses to enforce all the laws already on the books is no reason to think he won't enforce a crappy new law! For criminy sake don't you remember that Bitchin deal we all fell for last time...the last amnesty ever? The deal that would end illegal immigration? You can't trust lying democrats to honor any deal and they have a proven a track record of dishonesty when it come to illegal immigration and American border security. So my response to democrats and RINOs and anyone else trying to force this border turd down our collective American throats is Of course YMMV.

This is about Ukraine.

Offline mountaineer

Greg Price
@greg_price11
The best you can say about Mitt Romney at this point is that he's delusional. This is a position on the state of war that is just not based in reality. He's lying because that's all you can really do at this point to justify continuing funding a bloody stalemate in Ukraine.
9:18 PM · Feb 12, 2024

Senator Mitt Romney
@SenatorRomney
We are not being asked to send American troops into war, only to help the Ukrainians defend themselves. If we fail to help Ukraine, Putin will invade a NATO nation. Ukraine is not the end, it is a step—and letting Putin have his way with Europe would jeopardize our security.
8:33 PM · Feb 12, 2024

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
This is about Ukraine.

Yep, typical dim and RINO mindset.  Ukraine first, domestic security and protection a distant last.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Greg Price
@greg_price11
The best you can say about Mitt Romney at this point is that he's delusional. This is a position on the state of war that is just not based in reality. He's lying because that's all you can really do at this point to justify continuing funding a bloody stalemate in Ukraine.
9:18 PM · Feb 12, 2024

Senator Mitt Romney
@SenatorRomney
We are not being asked to send American troops into war, only to help the Ukrainians defend themselves. If we fail to help Ukraine, Putin will invade a NATO nation. Ukraine is not the end, it is a step—and letting Putin have his way with Europe would jeopardize our security.
8:33 PM · Feb 12, 2024

IIRC one of Mitt's close relatives was on the board at Burisma with Hunter.  He's a snake!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online GtHawk

This is about Ukraine.
Seems to me that the article is also about spending more of America's treasure to protect everyone else's border but ours...so no I don't agree that the article was just about Ukraine...or Israel....or Taiwan.

Online GtHawk

Yep, typical dim and RINO mindset.  Ukraine first, domestic security and protection a distant last.
I responded that no it's not just about Ukraine, the article clearly references our border security, Israel and Taiwan, but I guess we know the priorities right?

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

I agree.

Why would the GOP enter into negotiations if there was no chance they would arrive at something they could agree to.

I think it was basically some Senators -- of both parties -- wanting to get aid to Israel and Ukraine, and given the posture of the House, believed that including some kind of border stuff in the bill was the only way to get there.  They clearly miscalculated on the border aspect of the deal.

In the end, we insisted on tying the two together, but lost.

I'm not sure it was just Republicans, though.  I don't think a border-only bill would have passed muster with Democrats.  Oddly, it was essentially an alliance between the most conservative and the most progressive Senators that killed it.  Conservative Republican Senators rightly believed that Biden/Mayorkas wouldn't use the additional power they were being given to shut the border, but progressive Dems were worried that they would.  So, the deal wasn't acceptable to either group, much less the House.

And there was no way they were not going to do something after the border deal fell through.  It would be fooling to think you could keep the two linked when the democrats could say "You had your chance."  This and the failed impeachment give rise to the narrative that the federal GOP is clown car (and frankly that seems to be true).

I think that's correct.

Personally, I want the additional aid for Ukraine, but that doesn't look like it is going to happen.
« Last Edit: February 13, 2024, 04:24:14 pm by Maj. Bill Martin »

Offline catfish1957

• Political Researcher

Personally, I want the additional aid for Ukraine.  But it doesn't look like we can get there now.

I support Ukraine aid based on these terms, conditions, and priority....

1. Deficit ceases to increase, and no more addtional increases incurred of deficit spending.
2. All domestic issues like border, fentanyl, citizens like Ohio rail victims and Maui are addressed.
3. Israeli support comes before any kind provided Ukraine
4. Ukraine.....But any financial support to Ukraaine needs to have auditing and accounting principles applied down to the penny.