Author Topic: What Am I Missing❓🤔  (Read 938 times)

Offline mrclose

What Am I Missing❓🤔
« on: February 10, 2024, 03:32:00 am »
I have been studying the inner workings of how the classification system works.

I am more confused now about Trump's case than I was before!

What I have learned so far:

Must the president follow any specific declassification procedures?

The answer is a resounding no for two reasons.

First, Executive Order 13526 on its face contains no such declassification procedures.

The Order sets forth (1) who may declassify information and (2) what standards they should apply, but beyond that, there is no additional process required.

While both individual agencies and the Information and Security Oversight Office have developed additional rules about how declassification should be carried out, none of these procedures apply to the president.

Second, given the president’s constitutional authority over both classified information and the administration of presidential executive orders, even if Executive Order 13526 did establish constraints, they are at most self-constraints that the president has the power to ignore.

What am I missing❓
🤔🥴
"Hell is empty, all the devil's are here!"
~ Self

Offline Sighlass

• Didn't vote for McCain Dole Romney Trump !
Re: What Am I Missing❓🤔
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2024, 05:58:02 am »
Spitballing here, but I don't know that President has to do anything to view while in office, but perhaps he should of done something (declassify) before taking stuff after home with him. Could he declassify just for himself to take home, not sure of that either, but doubt it (no longer President). Seems if you declassify something, you and me could then view it, and no need to take it home for just your own leisure to do with what you want.
Exodus 18:21 Furthermore, you shall select out of all the people able men who fear God, men of truth, those who hate dishonest gain; and you shall place these over them as leaders over ....

Offline Mod2

Re: What Am I Missing❓🤔
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2024, 01:50:15 pm »
Moved to Exclusive Content, as not published article is cited