Pete Best (stoner option)
4 (12.9%)
More of a Stones Guy/Gal
2 (6.5%)
None of them would make a pimple on Elvis's butt
5 (16.1%)

Total Members Voted: 23

Voting closed: March 26, 2024, 01:20:40 am

Author Topic: Who was your favorite Beatle?  (Read 4412 times)

Offline corbe

Who was your favorite Beatle?
« on: February 10, 2024, 01:20:40 am »
   60 years ago tonight America was introduced to the Fab Four on the Ed Sullivan show.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
Re: Who was your favorite Beatle?
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2024, 01:22:30 am »
Yoko Ono.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2024, 01:30:40 am »
La Cucaracha
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2024, 01:32:39 am »
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline libertybele

« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2024, 01:36:46 am »
I really was never a Beatles fan till I got a little older. Ed Sullivan was what my Grandma watched and was an Elvis fan.

All of my friends were into the Monkees.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #5 on: February 10, 2024, 01:44:14 am »
Twist and Shout - 1963

If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline libertybele

« Reply #6 on: February 10, 2024, 01:47:35 am »
Their very first song:  Love Me Do    -- Not a fan.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=0pGOFX1D_jg&list=RD0pGOFX1D_jg&start_radio=1
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline The_Reader_David

« Reply #7 on: February 10, 2024, 04:08:43 am »
Had to go with Ringo (Sir Richard now) -- lead vocals on "Yellow Submarine" and his post-Beatles gig as Mr. Conductor on Shining Time Station, which my kids loved.  He also seems to be and have been a more stand-up kind of guy than the others.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2024, 04:10:10 am by The_Reader_David »
And when they behead your own people in the wars which are to come, then you will know what this was all about.

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #8 on: February 10, 2024, 04:53:05 am »
Sorry.....

Would take a 1000 word narrative to answer.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Sighlass

• Didn't vote for McCain Dole Romney Trump !
« Reply #9 on: February 10, 2024, 05:46:34 am »
I like Betsy Beetle (or Bess Beetle), she makes a squeaking noise when you pick her up that sounds better than The Beatles, of which even Zappa said The Shaggs sounded better than the Fab 4.

Bess Beetles can make up to 14 different sounds... I think that is thirteen more than Yoko managed on her best day.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XR9d4ESlpHY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_BhDuOtVkDM

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Kidding aside... I don't have a fave... didn't really like the group, could tolerate a few songs. John the commie was probable least favorite.

« Last Edit: February 10, 2024, 06:19:17 am by Sighlass »
Exodus 18:21 Furthermore, you shall select out of all the people able men who fear God, men of truth, those who hate dishonest gain; and you shall place these over them as leaders over ....

Online godblessRonaldReagan

• It's never too late to have a happy childhood!
« Reply #10 on: February 10, 2024, 02:16:34 pm »
Stu Sutcliffe - he had the guts to die before they made it big
I, for one, welcome our feline overlords

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #11 on: February 10, 2024, 10:24:01 pm »
Stu Sutcliffe - he had the guts to die before they made it big

John, despite Yoko. 
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Timber Rattler

• Conservative Purist and Patriot
« Reply #12 on: February 10, 2024, 11:01:41 pm »
I don't think that Pete was a stoner.  Part of his problem was that he didn't take any drugs or participate in their nightlife in Hamburg, and just didn't fit in.  They did him dirty just before "breaking out" in how they sent Brian Epstein to do the dirty work and fire him.  And Pete's mom was the one who provided their telephone, van, and a place to hang out and rehearse too.
aka "nasty degenerate SOB," "worst of the worst at Free Republic," "Garbage Troll," "Neocon Warmonger," "Filthy Piece of Trash," "damn $#%$#@!," "Silly f'er," "POS," "war pig," "neocon scumbag," "insignificant little ankle nipper," "@ss-clown," "neocuck," "termite," "Uniparty Deep stater," "Never Trump sack of dog feces," "avid Bidenista," "filthy Ukrainian," "war whore," "fricking chump," psychopathic POS, and depraved SOB.

"In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act."  ---George Orwell

"If you want peace, prepare for war." ---Flavius Vegetius Renatus

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #13 on: February 11, 2024, 05:34:37 am »
'68 Baja.  :whistle:

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
« Reply #14 on: February 11, 2024, 07:43:05 am »
Billy Preston  :cool:
The Republic is lost.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #15 on: February 11, 2024, 11:16:42 am »
Herbie...

How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #16 on: February 12, 2024, 03:16:18 am »
Mind Games

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-

Offline LMAO

« Reply #17 on: February 17, 2024, 06:23:45 pm »
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy