Author Topic: Democrats developing defenses to damning Robert Hur report on Biden’s mental state  (Read 458 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Democrats developing defenses to damning Robert Hur report on Biden’s mental state
By
Emily Jacobs
and
Cami Mondeaux
February 9, 2024 2:50 pm

Congressional Democrats are being forced to reckon with revived concerns about President Joe Biden’s age and acuity after being accused of severe memory lapses in special counsel Robert Hur’s report on his handling of classified materials.

Hur’s report included examples of the president’s memory lapses during his interview with investigators, which were featured while explaining the rationale for not prosecuting Biden. The report stated that the president could not remember, “even within several years,” when his son Beau Biden died, among other important dates.

“Biden’s memory was significantly limited, both during his recorded interview with the ghostwriter in 2017 and in his interview with our officer in 2023,” Hur wrote.

Democrats have tried various ways to defend Biden in the aftermath of the report, challenging Hur’s ability to assess a president’s mental state and questioning his political motivations.

“I suspect that that comment was a gratuitous and unnecessary remark, perhaps going to the question of intent,” Sen. Richard Blumenthal (D-CT) told reporters on Thursday of Hur’s comments on Biden’s mental state. “I don’t know what they meant by it, but it’s certainly no crime being a well-meaning, elderly man.”

more
https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/2847829/democrats-hur-biden-memory-lapses/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
I don’t know where they are claiming their medical expertise is, but the American people can judge pretty clearly that Joe Biden has no issues with memory,” he said.   

These people can talk all they want. The American people are absolutely ripping Biden up right now on X.
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline PeteS in CA

I have no problem with fact-checking the Hur report's claim about Biden's mental state. It would be easy ... just release the recordings of Biden's interview. If the/some Dems oppose the release, that tells what they think or know the recordings will prove.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Online rustynail

Let those who never tried to recall a word or phrase cast the first,.. you know,  that thing.

Offline Timber Rattler

• Conservative Purist and Patriot
I've seen that word "gratuitous" at least three dozen times today from Democrat politicos and mouthpieces.  Pretty obvious that it's their talking point on this.  The problem is that Hur was pretty clever with his report, which left Biden with a dilemma.  He's either too old and senile to stand trial, much less get convicted, and thus not fit to be President, OR the report is totally wrong, and so Biden is fit to be President and also fit enough to get charged and go to trial.

Pick your poison, Joe!
aka "nasty degenerate SOB," "worst of the worst at Free Republic," "Garbage Troll," "Neocon Warmonger," "Filthy Piece of Trash," "damn $#%$#@!," "Silly f'er," "POS," "war pig," "neocon scumbag," "insignificant little ankle nipper," "@ss-clown," "neocuck," "termite," "Uniparty Deep stater," "Never Trump sack of dog feces," "avid Bidenista," "filthy Ukrainian," "war whore," "fricking chump," psychopathic POS, and depraved SOB.

"In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act."  ---George Orwell

"If you want peace, prepare for war." ---Flavius Vegetius Renatus

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
I've seen that word "gratuitous" at least three dozen times today from Democrat politicos and mouthpieces.  Pretty obvious that it's their talking point on this.  The problem is that Hur was pretty clever with his report, which left Biden with a dilemma.  He's either too old and senile to stand trial, much less get convicted, and thus not fit to be President, OR the report is totally wrong, and so Biden is fit to be President and also fit enough to get charged and go to trial.

Pick your poison, Joe!

They might have a point if Joe hadn't gone out there last night and proved what Hur said.
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Online libertybele

I have no problem with fact-checking the Hur report's claim about Biden's mental state. It would be easy ... just release the recordings of Biden's interview. If the/some Dems oppose the release, that tells what they think or know the recordings will prove.

Perhaps they'd use AI to make him sound cognitive?
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline LMAO

They might have a point if Joe hadn't gone out there last night and proved what Hur said.

I would love to been a fly in the room when he made the decision to have that presser over, what I’m assuming, the protests of his staff

I picture something like a staff member holding onto the bottom cuffs of his pants, trying to hold him back while they’re being dragged across the floor just before he got out before the press
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy