Author Topic: Supreme Court had 'perfectly glacial' reception to Trump ballot removal arguments, Jonathan Turley s  (Read 1086 times)

Offline libertybele

Supreme Court had 'perfectly glacial' reception to Trump ballot removal arguments, Jonathan Turley says

Fox News contributor Jonathan Turley detailed how the Supreme Court had a "perfectly glacial" reception to the Trump ballot removal arguments presented on Thursday, arguing the left-leaning justices were the ones asking the tough questions as the 2024 election hangs in the balance. Turley gave his firsthand analysis of the oral arguments during "Outnumbered," as deliberations concerning the 14th Amendment continue.

JONATHAN TURLEY: I think that the advocates for disqualification probably expected a cold reception, but this was perfectly glacial… The problem for [attorney] Jason Murray is that his toughest questions came from the left of the court. Many people have been saying how the conservatives are going to sandbag this entire appeal, and how they have to look deeply within themselves. Many of the toughest questions were coming from Justice Jackson and Justice Kagan, and Justice Jackson notably kept on raising this first question, which is, perhaps the presidency is just not covered by this provision. ............

https://www.foxnews.com/media/supreme-court-perfectly-glacial-reception-trump-ballot-removal-arguments-jonathan-turley
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
If the SCOTUS sides against Trump here the Pandora's box of anarchy that this will open up will just rip everything apart as we know it.
The Republic is lost.

Offline libertybele

If the SCOTUS sides against Trump here the Pandora's box of anarchy that this will open up will just rip everything apart as we know it.

I agree with you and I hope not but I'm not holding my breath.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
Slam dunk.  Those of us who predicted 7-2 in favor of Trump may have been pessimistic.  Could be 8-1 or even 9-0.

But he won't win that immunity case.

Offline PeteS in CA

Slam dunk.  Those of us who predicted 7-2 in favor of Trump may have been pessimistic.  Could be 8-1 or even 9-0.

But he won't win that immunity case.

The American Center for Law and Justice people, who represent the Colorado R Party, were speculating about the possibility of a 9-0 decision.

The whole 14th Amendment shtick is multi-layer compounded absurdity. Hopefully the USSC crushes the whole idea that a state can deny a candidate due process and exclude him/her for something vanishingly trivial (compared to a 4 year war in which 2/3 of a million men died).
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
The American Center for Law and Justice people, who represent the Colorado R Party, were speculating about the possibility of a 9-0 decision.

The whole 14th Amendment shtick is multi-layer compounded absurdity. Hopefully the USSC crushes the whole idea that a state can deny a candidate due process and exclude him/her for something vanishingly trivial (compared to a 4 year war in which 2/3 of a million men died).

When we saw rookie lawyers instead of well experienced ones presenting the Colorado case we knew it was over before it started.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien