Author Topic: Breaking: The US Senate just voted 67-32 in favor of advancing a $95 billion foreign aid bill for Uk  (Read 848 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Aishah Hasnie
@aishahhasnie
·
2h
CRUZ just shook his head and walked past me when I asked him if he had anything to say about the 17 R’s that just voted yea on this
Support the USO

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”

Offline libertybele

Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
 Senate advances Ukraine funding without border security reforms
by Alexander Bolton - 02/08/24 12:59 PM ET

The Senate voted Thursday to advance a $95 billion emergency security spending bill with $60 billion to support the war in Ukraine — but without a bipartisan border security bill that ran into stiff opposition from Republicans.

The move by Senate Majority Leader Chuck Schumer (D-N.Y.) to swiftly bring the security spending package back to the floor without the controversial border security reforms gives new political momentum to U.S. aid for Ukraine.

The Senate voted 67-32 to advance a legislative vehicle that Schumer says will be used to carry funding for Ukraine, Israel, Indo-Pacific security and humanitarian assistance for civilians around the world.

Seventeen Republican senators voted to advance the legislation, including Senate Republican Leader Mitch McConnell (Ky.) and Senate GOP Whip John Thune (S.D.).

Other Republicans who voted yes were Sens. Shelley Moore Capito (W.Va.), John Cassidy (La.), Susan Collins (Maine), John Cornyn (Texas), Joni Ernst (Iowa), Chuck Grassley (Iowa), John Kennedy (La.), Jerry Moran (Kan.), Lisa Murkowski (Alaska), Mitt Romney (Utah), Mike Rounds (S.D.), Dan Sullivan (Alaska), Thom Tillis (N.C.), Roger Wicker (Miss.) and Todd Young (Ind.).

Sen. Bernie Sanders (I-Vt. ) voted against it.

Senators a day earlier had voted to block the exact same measure when it was also supposed to include the bipartisan border security reforms.

The second vote on advancing money for Ukraine and Israel was delayed for a day as a group of Republican senators tried to haggle for a promise from Schumer that they would be allowed to amend the package with their own ideas for securing the southern border.

McConnell on Tuesday suggested splitting off money for Ukraine, Israel and other national security priorities from the bipartisan border security deal, after former President Trump opposed it and members of the GOP conference revolted against the border-related proposals.

more
https://thehill.com/homenews/senate/4454065-senate-advances-ukraine-funding-without-border-security-reforms/
Support the USO

Offline mountaineer

My RINO senator among them.  9999hair out0000
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
Tweet truncated the list of RINOs forsaking border security in the name of Deep State ambitions.  All of  their names need to be seen loud and clear.

Republicans who joined Democrats in voting in favor:

Murkowski (AK)
McConnell (KY)
Cassidy (LA)
Wicker (MS)
Young (IN)
Collins (ME)
Capito (WV)
Kennedy (LA)
Thune (SD)
Sullivan (AK)
Romney (UT)
Ernst (IA)
Rounds (SD)
Tillis (NC)
Cornyn (TX)
Grassley (IA)
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
Tweet truncated the list of RINOs forsaking border security in the name of Deep State ambitions.  All of  their names need to be seen loud and clear.

Murkowski (AK)
McConnell (KY)
Cassidy (LA)
Wicker (MS)
Young (IN)
Collins (ME)
Capito (WV)
Kennedy (LA)
Thune (SD)
Sullivan (AK)
Romney (UT)
Ernst (IA)
Rounds (SD)
Tillis (NC)
Cornyn (TX)
Grassley (IA)

Disgusted with both my Iowa Senators right now.
The Republic is lost.

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Chris Barron 🇺🇸
@ChrisRBarron
·
2m
The sitting President won't be indicted because he isn't mentally competent, let that sink in.
Support the USO

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
My RINO senator among them.  9999hair out0000

And mine (Cornyn) as well! Worthless POS that he is.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical

Murkowski (AK)
McConnell (KY)
Cassidy (LA)
Wicker (MS)
Young (IN)
Collins (ME)
Capito (WV)
Kennedy (LA)
Thune (SD)
Sullivan (AK)
Romney (UT)
Ernst (IA)
Rounds (SD)
Tillis (NC)
Cornyn (TX)
Grassley (IA)

The usual suspects no?

Offline libertybele

The usual suspects no?

I'm surprised at Ernst  -- add her to the list of traitors.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline christian

• I need to be in love, K.c. R.C.
How about we just agree to send every Country on the planet a Trillion dollars and call it good for the rest of the year?  Biden supporters, saving us from Trump brought this calamity on us.  Like STDs, a gift that just keeps giving.

Never Trumpers also a gift that just keeps giving to us, like the black plague.
Card carrying member of the national F-Joe Biden movement, and his minions

Offline kevindavis007

Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/

Offline HikerGuy83

• Still Trying
Well,

What did you expect ?

The senate blows the doors off an imigration bill that is a good start on some things (and yes it had it's cons).  They insisted funding be tied to border security. 

They had their chance. 

They screwed it up.

Linsay Graham needs to go.