Author Topic: Joe Biden eyes emissions crackdowns, media warns he is ‘ignoring industry warnings’ of financial col  (Read 428 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
February 8, 2024
Joe Biden eyes emissions crackdowns, media warns he is ‘ignoring industry warnings’ of financial collapse
By Jack Hellner

Today, Joe Biden is cracking down on manufacturing, but I bet he doesn’t have the scientific data to give credibility to the new policies, but he doesn’t care. He is bending over for the green pushers. Here’s this, from Fox News:

Biden’s latest climate rules crack down on manufacturing, ignoring industry warnings of economic devastation

Biden admin’s actions will ‘grind permits to a halt for a large portion of our country’

The Biden administration finalized regulations severely tightening restrictions on fine particulate matter that the manufacturing and energy sectors are legally allowed to emit, an action that industry said would have devastating economic consequences.

The Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) unveiled the regulations Wednesday morning in a joint announcement with environmental activists, saying limiting particulate matter known as PM2.5 or soot would have health benefits for Americans nationwide. The rulemaking lowers the annual PM2.5 standard from a level of 12 micrograms per cubic meter to a level of 9 micrograms per cubic meter.

I bet they also can’t come up with scientific data that shows that CO2, a clean, non-polluting gas, at 420 PPM in the atmosphere, is any more dangerous than it was in the late 1800s, at 280 PPM. It’s what makes plants and trees grow, and that is good. Yet, we are spending massive amounts of money burying carbon.

There certainly is no data that shows that the 50% rise in CO2 over the last 150 years has anything to do with temperatures since they have risen and fallen for periods of time while CO2 was rising.

more
https://www.americanthinker.com/blog/2024/02/joe_biden_eyes_emissions_crackdowns_media_warns_he_is_ignoring_industry_warnings_of_financial_collapse.html
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
They were bantering the 2.5 PM standard way back when I was still an Environmental Manager at a plant.

The greenies push for 2.5 was met with even EPA scientist saying abatement was not technically feasible or achievable.  I have been out of the business for 12 years, but unless something has drastically changed in control technologies any and every industiral fired source will be shut down.  That means municipal, refineries, chemical plants, etc. 

No gasoline, 69KV power, nothing, and hello 19th century.
« Last Edit: February 08, 2024, 06:01:35 pm by catfish1957 »
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline rustynail

Joe should work on curbing his own methane emissions.

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
Joe should work on curbing his own methane emissions.

Science and politicans just don't mix.  My favorite example all time was during a late 1960's congressional hearing when the pre-EPA was discussing base water quality effluent standards in the preamble of the initial Clean Water Act.   Specifically a pH of 6-9, versus 5-10.

Right during the hearing, a Congresscritter interupted and slammed his fist on his desk and yelled..."5-10?"  "GD it, I want those pH's brought down to zero."  :silly:
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline DefiantMassRINO

This is why I look towards 2nd and 3rd World countries for wealth growth opportunities.

You can't profitably explore and devleop new oil fields on Federal lands in America.  But, you can explore and develop new oilfields in Colombia and Guyana.

Federal Government over-regulation puts American companies at a competitive dis-advantage.  Winners = China, India, Indonesia.
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.

Online Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
catfish leaps out o' the water with:
"The greenies push for 2.5 was met with even EPA scientist saying abatement was not technically feasible or achievable.  I have been out of the business for 12 years, but unless something has drastically changed in control technologies any and every industrial fired source will be shut down."

You're missing the point.

The Party's goal IS to make things "NOT technically feasible or achievable".
In other words, the goal is to drive them out of business, period.
The goal IS that "every industrial fired source will be shut down."

When The Party's intentions are viewed "from the right", it's difficult to understand the subtleties of the situation, because their viewpoint is from a completely different direction.

What you object to, they revel in.

Remember what Pol Pot endeavored to do to Cambodia:
To take an entire country "back to the year zero" ...