Exclusive Content > Editorials

What's the Deal With the Border Protection Bill ?

(1/24) > >>

HikerGuy83:
Seems like we wanted it.

Then we didn't want it.

I am particularly troubled by statements by people like Rand Paul who said it was done "in secret" and hidden from view.  Does that really happen in the senate or house where a bill is hidden from other house members ?

Then there is the optics of the GOP saying they want the bill (or many of them did) and encouraged the negotiations. 

Then Trump comes out against it. 

And suddenly things turn.

Even if it's not the case, the GOP senate certainly looks like a group of Trump lapdogs.

Seems we can't do enough to shoot our selves in the foot, arse, and head.

catfish1957:
It's a scam. 

Think about it.  Allowing 5K a day of illegal invaders?  That is basicallly precedent setting and saying (institutionalizing) that what these scum bags are doing is legal.

I hope the House holds the line, and kills the Senate Bill.  If we don't it is the beginning of the end.

HikerGuy83:

--- Quote from: catfish1957 on February 08, 2024, 02:27:02 pm ---It's a scam. 

Think about it.  Allowing 5K a day of illegal invaders?  That is basicallly precedent setting and saying (institutionalizing) that what these scum bags are doing is legal.

I hope the House holds the line, and kills the Senate Bill.  If we don't it is the beginning of the end.

--- End quote ---

Could not disagree more.

You now have 100% of nothing.  You don't get a quota tha forces the president to completely shut the border.  You don't get extensions to the wall.  You don't get more border patrol agents (I have many friends who work in the Border Patrol who say the organization is very demoralized and has been for a long long time).  You get NOTHING.

With the bill you got something.  Somethiing you could later amend and build on.

Congratulations  Lot more than 5,000 a week now.

And you've pissed off a lot of people in the GOP. 

We are in danger of losing it all in 2024 and every move we make increases the liklihood of that reality.

catfish1957:

--- Quote from: HikerGuy83 on February 08, 2024, 02:49:06 pm ---Could not disagree more.

You now have 100% of nothing.  You don't get a quota tha forces the president to completely shut the border.  You don't get extensions to the wall.  You don't get more border patrol agents (I have many friends who work in the Border Patrol who say the organization is very demoralized and has been for a long long time).  You get NOTHING.

With the bill you got something.  Somethiing you could later amend and build on.

Congratulations  Lot more than 5,000 a week now.

And you've pissed off a lot of people in the GOP. 

We are in danger of losing it all in 2024 and every move we make increases the liklihood of that reality.

--- End quote ---

Do you live in Texas like I do?  5K needs to be zero. I prefer not to capituate.  Your comprimise allows Pedo Joe, his toadies,and RINOs a toe hold to expand, and based in on newly legalized "illegal immigration"   There are a few hills that are worth dying over.  Keeping the massive hoard is one of them.

HikerGuy83:

--- Quote from: catfish1957 on February 08, 2024, 02:55:13 pm ---Do you live in Texas like I do?  5K needs to be zero. I prefer not to capituate.  Your comprimise allows Pedo Joe, his toadies,and RINOs a toe hold to expand, and based in on newly legalized "illegal immigration"   There are a few hills that are worth dying over.  Keeping the massive hoard is one of them.

--- End quote ---

I live in Arizona. 

You ain't going to get zero or anywhere close to 5,000.  The GOP just voted to not expand the border patrol. 

And 5,000 is the threshold for completely shutting down the border....it's not an immigration policy.

As I said, enjoy your 100% of nothing.  Because that's what you just got.

Why would McConnell and the GOP even entertain a bipartisan discussion if they had no intention of following it.

They can't look any more stupid than if they tried....and they really seem to be trying.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version