Exclusive Content > Editorials

What's the Deal With the Border Protection Bill ?

<< < (24/24)

sneakypete:

--- Quote from: Cyber Liberty on February 15, 2024, 06:12:01 pm ---Graham is McStain's "Mini Me."  Always was.

--- End quote ---

@Cyber Liberty

Ok.

HikerGuy83:

--- Quote from: Smokin Joe on February 15, 2024, 04:52:52 am ---How stupid they look depends on what THEIR objective is, not what you think it should have been..

I seriously doubt more than a handful of either House gives a steaming shit about their oath of office or representing their constituents of, for that matter, the Constitution. They're high on baksheesh, addicted to it, and devil take the hindmost. Whatever theater they need to pull off to fool the rubes back home, well it's the price of power.

--- End quote ---

For the sake of "argument", I really don't know that what you "seriously doubt" carries any weight unless you can produce evidence to support your doubt.

My assumption is that many of them are interested in "something" they think is right.....even if it violates the 10th amendment.

But my original point was that this was a no win situation for them.  Kinda like the whole "War Games" (movie) theme....the only way to win is to not play.

HikerGuy83:

--- Quote from: sneakypete on February 15, 2024, 04:47:44 pm ---@Smokin Joe

I would LOVE to argue with you about that,I really,really would.

--- End quote ---

Why would you not argue it ?

Someone just saying it does not make it so.

I guess, the larger question I have to ask is...what do you expect from those who represent you (a question we should all be thinking of an answer to).

Cyber Liberty:

--- Quote from: HikerGuy83 on February 19, 2024, 03:20:45 pm ---Why would you not argue it ?

Someone just saying it does not make it so.

I guess, the larger question I have to ask is...what do you expect from those who represent you (a question we should all be thinking of an answer to).

--- End quote ---

I expect them to enrich themselves at my expense.  Thus it has ever been, since the days of the Articles of Federation.

HikerGuy83:

--- Quote from: Cyber Liberty on February 19, 2024, 05:23:13 pm ---I expect them to enrich themselves at my expense.  Thus it has ever been, since the days of the Articles of Federation.

--- End quote ---

Maybe we could start a thread that documents how that is happening.

In some instances it certainly seems to be the case.

I am not sure it is generally the case, but I could be wrong.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version